What's new
For Sale

rancor

Professional
Reaction score
It's that time again! This is for the Spring 2020 order, and you should have them in your possession by May or June 2019.

THIS IS THE ONLY GROUP ORDER I WILL BE DOING IN 2020.

Please read all of the below before you order - some information has changed, and I have tried to put that in BOLD

This is a group order for newly manufactured official Taito 43cm and 48cm arcade stools (see pic below)

The 43cm stools are meant for older CRT cabs such as Egrets, Blasts, Astros, Ponys, etc...
The 48cm stools are meant for newer LCD cabs such as Viewlix or Lindhbergs.

I will keep this order open until March 27th. I reserve the right to
close it early if there gets to be more than I feel I can handle. This
is a group buy for brand new 43cm or 48cm Taito stools. Pictures of each
follow this wall of text. The stools will take a month to be
manufactured. They should all be at my house on or before ~April 20th. I will
then begin shipping as soon as possible in the order of who paid.

There's no need to PM me here about anything - a few times each
day I will update the list below with who has paid, and I will also
update when the stools are received and when I ship.

If you do have a question, please feel free to ask below and I'll do my best to answer.

IMPORTANT - When sending me money please include your username here on
this forum, and MAKE SURE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS IS CORRECT. I will be
using your address in Paypal - NOT the one you PM me or send to me by
email. It's too confusing to keep track of things if there are too many
"special cases" - I want to be able to reference everything in one
place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stool Prices:

IMPORTANT - PRICING AND ALLOWABLE SHIPPING QUANTITIES HAVE CHANGED

For USA / Spain / Australia, the maximum size of the package I can ship is 2 stools, and I can only ship even numbers. Prices are:

2 stools - $330.00 USD

4 stools - $655.00 USD

6 stools - $980.00 USD

For UK / France / Switzerland / Germany / Singapore, etc. the prices are:

2 stools - $330.00 USD

3 stools - $400.00 USD

4 stools - $505.00 USD

5 stools - $605.00 USD

6 stools - $720.00 USD

For more, please MP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paid:

Party Man X - 48cm x 2. (shipped!)
RandomRetro - 43cm x 2 (shipped!)
Mune - 43cm x 4 (partially shipped!)

The above prices includes surface shipping, and will come with a
tracking number. Your item(s) will arrive 4-6 weeks after I ship, so
we're looking at the stools arriving at your door 11 to 14 weeks after
you make payment. You can track your shipment here:

post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html

Send the money to: orders closed

In the Paypal "notes", please remember to write the name of this forum (I am selling across 2 forums), your username as well as what size stools you are ordering.

example: "Arcade Projects - rancor - 43cm x 2"

Taito Stools

taito_stools.JPG

Last edited:
Oh man I'm so glad I was able to get stools on the last group buy.

I just got an email from Taito that stool prices are increasing, so this buy is off until I can calculate what they're going to do.
I'll honor all that have paid, but it looks like its over for the time being... ;(

Damn man, that’s rough! Hopefully the hike isn’t too significant

Oof. That changes things considerably :/

I’m pretty happy I bit the bullet and grabbed those 3 off you recently. They arrived a couple of weeks ago in top notch shape too btw :)

Hopefully, even at the added cost, you still offer this service for the diehard Japanese arcade enthusiasts. Nothing compares to those stools.

just not a good time for me to order, AUD is so weak and the economy is not doing really well right now.

just not a good time for me to order, AUD is so weak and the economy is not doing really well right now.
The dollar is so crap atm. There’s speculation of it dropping to 50c/USD. If that happens it’s going to be sayonara to overseas purchases for me.

Yeah guys let's increase the price of our arcade stools to the folks in the declining and dying Japanese arcade business. Great idea!

This sucks. Only doing one sale this year really hurts but also now a price hike? Means by next year they might go up even more!

It's entirely possible it's not up to Taito. Supply chain price increases anywhere along the line can have a cascading effect, and the cost eventually gets passed to the consumer.

Oof. That changes things considerably :/

I’m pretty happy I bit the bullet and grabbed those 3 off you recently. They arrived a couple of weeks ago in top notch shape too btw :)

Hopefully, even at the added cost, you still offer this service for the diehard Japanese arcade enthusiasts. Nothing compares to those stools.
I'm sooooo glad I stock piled from rancor last year when I got my tax return..

I reckon I'd be paying double if I was to get the stools I got last year.

Our AUD is sooooooooo bad atm..

I just got an email from Taito that stool prices are increasing, so this buy is off until I can calculate what they're going to do.
I'll honor all that have paid, but it looks like its over for the time being... ;(
I was wondering, but glad its not just me. My friend mentioned it too, sorry to hear its knocking you out as well. I'm just holding off for the time being, seeing if they come back down again. I'll try to remember to mention something if I hear it change on my end. I'm kind of regretting selling all my personal stools now. Have you heard if bench prices changed? I grabbed two before the price change went in

Sucks man, I love the benches I got from you. Prices are going up all the way around on everything. Specially shipping prices. You pass those prices onto the customer and they just think you are being greedy, that somehow it should be cheaper. I use to sell stuff with free shipping, not anymore, its getting crazy expensive. In the end, you gotta pay if you want to play :D

Good luck with things though, I hope you are able to still provide some type of services brother, could use a connection JP to act as a proxy :thumbup:

yeah - its bad news all around. Somehow prices are going up on everything, but I never seem to get a raise.

Anyhow, prices have been updated and the buy has been extended a week.

@Derick2k - if you need any proxying done, let me know!

Last edited:
Well..if no one buys...eventually they have to sit on em long enough for the prices to fall again?

yeah - its bad news all around. Somehow prices are going up on everything, but I never seem to get a raise.

Anyhow, prices have been updates and the buy has been extended a week.

@Derick2k - if you need any proxying done, let me know!
Thanks, really appreciate it, will definitely be in touch :thumbup:

Back