What's new

Dreamstate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have tried this with multiple boards and I know at least one is working. I got the Jamma adapter from Mike's Arcade, but I never get anything but a black screen on my cabinet. Any ideas?

How are you plugging it in? Show some pics of the setup, could be something overlooked and simple.

Just to be clear, this is a confirmed working board? If it isn't then I'd check the master clock, If the MC is working you would at least have garbage on the screen(if it's actually powering on).

I would check the voltage levels as well at the chip furthest from the JAMMA edge.

Ok, I'll try. I won three boards on ebay and could not get any to do anything so I returned them. Then, I ordered this board from someone on KLOV that has been around a while and it was supposed to be working. I'll see if I can reach the back to test the voltage. I am not sure I know where to look for voltage, though. Just start picking pins and put the ground on common?

Look for any chip like a 74LSXX and download the datasheet to see which pins are power and ground. Usually on 74LS chips the last pin on the bottom row is ground and last pin on the top row is power.

I was able to test the board with my new HAS. I don't have the VGA cable yet, but it plays blind. The voltage on the back chips is around 3.95. I don't know what the drop should be from the front. Now, I wonder why my other serup is not working. It runs every other JAMMA board I throw at it.

I was able to test the board with my new HAS. I don't have the VGA cable yet, but it plays blind. The voltage on the back chips is around 3.95. I don't know what the drop should be from the front. Now, I wonder why my other serup is not working. It runs every other JAMMA board I throw at it.
All chips should be at least 4.75v, but ideally they will all be 5.00v.

Thanks for the clarification. I have it running on my HAS but there are color issues. Now that I kniw what to look for, I will troubleshoot further.

Back