What's new
For Sale

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got a second CPS3 set that I'm thinking of putting up for sale to fund other stuff.

The motherboard does have an issue where it will fail consistently at 87% (It either freezes or shows Error 32) - this may be repairable.

I have tried to reflow an IC that looked a bit dodgy but it didn't fix it so I replaced the motherboard. I have cleaned it extensively, cleaned the SIMMS and cleaned the cart. It will be sold as is.

The SIMMS have been tested on another motherboard and are working on a good motherboard

Included:
- Motherboard (See above)
- 2X 64mb SIMMS
- 4x 128mb SIMMS
- New Generation cart with Darksoft multi BIOS installed

I will put photos up if there is interest, but in the meantime I want to get a price on it. It would be great for someone who knows how to fix these :)

Located in Australia if it makes a difference

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I got that same error on one of my boards and the issue was using a cheap media disc. Have you tried burning a disc at a slower burn rate using a higher quality cdr?

If it's truly damaged though, i would think 250 to 300 is a fair price simply for the simms and cart.

I've tried multiple discs, drives, carts, changing out the SIMMS between my working board and this one - I suspect the SIMM slot itself might be an issue (not making contact with the SIMM that's reporting the error) or whatever logic drives that particular SIMM slot.

I've done a lot of work to try and diagnose it but it hasn't helped so I would rather see it go to someone who can either repair it or use it for parts, or for someone who wants a CPS3 setup and already has a motherboard but needs the SIMMS and cart

How much you thinking of selling it for? if it's reasonable i will take it let me know asap!

I've had one offer so far, and BlinG gave me a price range as well. I'm thinking I will sell it or trade it for something interesting. Send me a PM with what you think is reasonable

Ok guys this is now a sale thread. I have taken some pictures of the board, SIMMS and cart, including the error that appears. I thoroughly clean my boards when I work on them so I'm definitely sure that's not where the fault lies. All SIMMS appear correctly in the Darksoft menu, I will add a photo showing that soon.

I modified this cart myself with the SuperBIOS and I have tried both it and a Third Strike cart modified by someone else, again both work on my other motherboard.

Given the prices these sell for now, and the fact I'm still not 100% sure I want to sell it, I'm going to set the price at $500USD including shipping to the US (since so far everyone who has enquired seems to be in the US). Shipping from AU to the US is going to be about $50USD so the board, SIMMS and cart are going to be $450USD.

I am also open to trade offers, but at this stage probably more interested in a sale just because I want to fund other stuff. I do want a Smash TV board though so that would be trade bait I'd consider, or if you have something really interesting again I'm open to that.

These people expressed interest in this order, so they have the right of first refusal

@RMC
@mugen_ketsueki
@Mr. Glendale
@bignasty36250

If no one is interested in the next couple of days, I will probably post it up on eBay or keep it.

Photos:

Fully populated board
IMG_2957.JPG

This is the IC that I reworked because it looked like it wasn't making good contact, I don't think it's related, the SIMMS seem to be connected directly to customs.

IMG_2958.JPG

Error message that comes up at 80-85% - I have tried 4 different SIMMS in slot 2, all of which work on my other CPS3 motherboard

IMG_2960.JPG

New Generations cart modified with SuperBIOS

IMG_2961.JPG

SIMMS

IMG_2962.JPG

Empty board
IMG_2963.JPG

I don't want to part it out because the postage just becomes a nightmare. I have kept it for quite a while as a full set of spares for my working set, or in case I came across a cheap motherboard so I had 2 sets, but I have spent enough time trying to fix it that I just want to move it along now.

The prices the carts are going for on ebay is just stupid, same as the SIMMS, but I'd rather sell it to someone who might be able to fix it first, or someone who has a motherboard but needs everything else.

Darksoft is selling some more repro SIMMS if you need them though. I think there might be some left

I'll pay $400 shipped to LA since it doesn't work and I have to spend time fixing it.

If not that's cool, I've aquired one and a half excellent legit 3s setups since I last posted. Firm on this offer because the los angeles 3s arcade dudes are 2legit2quit :)

I would like to get in the queue as well :) My only CPS3 mobo was sold off few years back and I miss it.

(Forgive me for missing this!)

@Mr. Glendale has made a far more generous offer than I would have so I think i'll have to pass on that price.

Best of luck on the sale!

Back