What's new

defor

Professional
Reaction score
I've decided to start some threads over the coming weeks with information about each game.
The IdolM@ster gets to be the first on that list!

That said, this is probably the most complicated (hardware-wise) of ALL the System 2X6 games, short of the unreleased StarBlade: Operation Blue Planet.
It's downright scary and a complete mess of hardware.
Out of the box, the game requires a connection to ALL-NET (long since discontinued), BUT in the last month of operation, Namco released instructions to run both the "Live Tower" and "Stations" in offline mode for operators that did not plan to upgrade their games to the Brain Training game (which incidentally uses most of the same hardware and was designed as an upgrade kit)
Most all machines got converted, however, and IM cabinets fetch a LARGE asking price at present. In addition, due to the use of rewritable IC cards, these are also worth a veritable fortune if blank.

To be honest, although I have all the hardware and IC cards necessary to get this game running, I have not had time (or space) to build the custom setup necessary to run this game (A goal for 2018), but I will start dumping bits of the information here.

Page 177 of the Manual (English Translated):
Wiring Diagram - Overall
NM00022-IDM1-MANUAL-177-E.jpg

Page 178 and 179 are a total mess! But I'm working on getting them translated for you guys!
Hope to have at least one done before the end of the day.
This stuff sucks.. anyone have a better method for translating schematics than erasing the text in photoshop, and writing over top?
ALL THE WIRE COLORS!
I clearly underestimated, and likely will not have P178 (Live Tower) ready until tomorrow sometime (Green is what I've finished so far in my downtime today).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 6.09.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 6.09.05 PM.png
    337.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Is the manual openly accessible or it's your own property? As I need it and can give some help translating.
The tower is not necessary and as there is no network atm, one station is enough for whole experience. (sys2x6+IOboard+touchscreen+card reader)

Back