What's new

codesage

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm a big tech/pc geek, but I know little to nothing about arcade monitors. I know the NNC used a tri-sync 27" tube, which I haven't had any luck finding. But I did find a couple of potential candidates that I'd like to look at this weekend when I'm in Chicago. The First is a Happ SE-M23V29, and the second is a 27"...Sony-RG KTMF? Both appear to be in good working condition, with the Sony only having 80 hours on it supposedly. Anyone know if either of these are tri-sync or would even fit in a NNC?

I guess OP has a cabinet without a monitor?

Do you have a frame? Without one I think you'll have a rough time putting anything that isn't from a Sega or Namco arcade cab into a NNC.

yeah, empty cab, no chassis. Both monitors are complete and working though. I'm pretty sure they come with the frame.....

No chassis? No tube and or original frame either?

The Happ (rebranded Wei-Ya probably?) will come with a frame, but it won't be compatible as is with the NNC. I have no idea what the Sony is. Googling 'KTMF', I guess it's in fact a Kortek? Again, it will have its own frame, unlikely compatible with the NNC as is.

Not saying you won't be able to mount either one with some mods, but they won't be drop-in.

I believe I have the frame in the cab at least. Assuming that's the 2 metal support bars that are in the monitor 'bay. I'm not opposed to doing mods or rigging something up if I have to.

My biggest concern is one that'll fit, and preferably one that's a tri-sync.

I believe I have the frame in the cab at least. Assuming that's the 2 metal support bars that are in the monitor 'bay.

Yeah, that's not the frame I'm talking of.

Anyway, so whatever you get you will have to rig up to those support bars. Sega and Namco cabs will have monitors that have holes on the frame that match the bolts on the support bars. For anything else, you'll have to drill holes to match those bolts. However, not all frames will have enough space for the holes.

The Happ should be tri-sync, no idea on the Kortek.

Think this might be the frame nem is referring to.
FRAME

I would take the happ monitor its had very little use and the other monitor has been serviced before. 200.00 is a bargain work out the other details later.

I dont know how far your driving but I'd look up local arcade vendors or maybe arcade monitor repair shops and see if they had anything.

I was leaning towards the Happ as well.

And yes, that is what I was referring to. I DO have that in the cab. That's the only thing left of the monitor that came with it.

KY -> Chicago, so it's a decent drive. But I'm going there for a few days on vacation, so it's not just the monitor. I'll check around and see if I can find any shops. Thanks, didn't think about that

Are the power connectors/requirements pretty universal on the monitors? I'm fairly certain the power connector got cut off the wires, so i'm gonna have to crimp a new one anyways.

Are the power connectors/requirements pretty universal on the monitors? I'm fairly certain the power connector got cut off the wires, so i'm gonna have to crimp a new one anyways.

Yes they are:
  • Red
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Video Ground
  • Sync
  • AC Line
  • AC Load
  • Demag1
  • Demag2
You will just have to re-terminate with the proper connectors if your connections on your monitor are different or if they are cut off.

EDIT: There would be a separate connection for VGA/31khz.

Ok, I'm back home with the monitor. It definitely fits in the cab. Comes with a VGA cable, and I haven't seen any places on it for other connectors. But I need to sit down and examine the chassis closer

If I'm understanding right, the easiest way to mount it would be to swap the frames, right?

Edit: Also, Happ themselves don't have any info on this monitor. Contacted support and it sounds like they just deleted all crt documentation when they stopped making them.

Last edited:
Back