What's new
That's what I figured. I have four working drives and have tested them on a computer. (Wow took me a while to find an old PC that had IDE) I never see the DVD drive even blink and it doesn't spin up. I checked the power and I am getting the 5.02 and 12.29. I even changed out my IDE cable now and it is a dual head cable and I have the drive set to master.

No video yet just a blank screen.

I am going to order a couple more IDE cables just to make sure.

Are the IDE cables the 80 wire kind? The 40 wire ones don’t work on the later models of the 246. Also, the system does have compatibility issues with certain dvd drives.

It was an 80 wire I had to drill out the blocking pin on the connector. So do I need a 40 wire then?

Thanks, I have two on order! We will see what that does.

I am also going to look at the bottom of the board for cold solder joints.

I have the drive set to master

Hi! :)

Avoid configuring in master ca put the mess :S ,It's not window os, the hardware boots on the Dongle and then on the device in Cable Select mode :thumbup:

Just a quick update. I bought a system 256 that came with Tekken 5 and it works in the cabinet without the jamma board attached. (of course, it just boots and shows up on the screen). I flipped the jumper over to the 246 mode and now I get the six pings and it starts reading the disc which is farther than I made it with the old 246 system. I wait and nothing no video but I can open a close the drive tray so I know the system is running.

I also connected up the V291 board, thinking it might need that attached to boot the game. It has a red led and a green blinking led when the system is powered on.

Where do I go next?

Could I have four bad disks and if so can I just burn a new one?

Time Crisis 3 is one of the games that isn’t compatible with Time Crisis 3 or 4 on the 256. If the game isn’t working on a regular 246, then most likely you need to burn a new disc or the dongle may have gotten corrupted. Time Crisis 3 will also boot without I/O connected.

Just a quick update. Got one of the four 246 systems to boot and run for a couple of days and then the screen froze and it no longer gives me any beeps when I power it on. I know my voltage is good and when I turn it on the red led lights up but no beeps. Does anyone have a schematic or troubleshooting guide I could use to test different parts of the board with a volt meter? Do you know of anyone who repairs them?

Back