What's new
Sorry guys, stayed late taking the transmission out of my truck and didn't get a chance to get the pictures tonight. Will do first thing in the morning...

Ok, here are the pictures of what I'm working with.
The new lcd has a place for a plug but it didn't come with said plug or pig tail, there is also a picture of the model number of the lcd.
There is a picture of the power wires going to the crt monitor that I won't be using because the lcd has its own power brick. Then there is a picture of the wires going into the board of the crt, now this plug may or may not plug onto the lcd, but I don't know if the orientation of the wires is correct. And speaking of those two plugs for the monitor on the crt it has a locking lip that goes across the whole width of the plug, on the lcd each prong for each wire has a separate prong for the wire to clip into. It seems it would be impossible to lift up every plug at the same time to unplug it if I needed to, plus I don't want to break anything giving it a try..! Then there is a picture of the old power supply, isolation transformer, fuse panel and an on/off toggle for power.
I did look at the new harness and it was made by Happ which is the same company that made the power supply so the plugs for power, board, and game play buttons are there.
I'm just stuck on the monitor and later on a bill acceptor...!

Attachments

• IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    542.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    933.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    459.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    867.4 KB · Views: 152
here are specs on the lcd...

Attachments

• IMG_1419.PNG
    IMG_1419.PNG
    249.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1420.PNG
    IMG_1420.PNG
    135.2 KB · Views: 203
It looks like one plug on your monitor is Red, Green and Blue + Ground (Black wire) and the other smaller one is likely the sync.

It should be described in the LCD manual where you need to connect those signals.

You will just need to find a proper connector for the lcd monitor.

Actually I did find a piece of paper in the bottom of the monitor box, it states what pin is what. So that's good, but where on earth would I find a connector that fits the monitor..? Maybe Wells-Gardner..???
The pins are flat but very skinny, could I just find some small female blade type connectors that would slide over the pins..? I know to shroud them really good so they don't accidentally make contact with each other... I love heat shrink... hahaha..!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 151
You don't need the VGA plug. You just unplug the video cable as seen in your third picture and plug it into the LCD.

The monitor should have come with a power brick to power the monitor.

That's a "standard" connector for WG monitors... As Mits said just plug right into it and return that GBS scaler as you don't need it.

Also, while I didn't take a good look at your images, I'd say you don't need the isolation transformer either.
It should have only been connected to the monitor, the PCB (game board) power supply should come off a main AC line not the isolation (if I'm wrong however and it IS connected to the isolation for some strange reason keep it that way).

Since the monitor uses a power brick it won't NEED the isolation transformer but he doesn't HAVE TO remove it. I replaced the monitor in a Ms. PAC with an LCD at the request of the guy who bought it and I just cut the plug off of the power wire and spliced it to the ISO connector. It won't hurt anything. Just treat it like unnecessary/overkill power protection. :P

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll probably just put the converter in my box of extra stuff, like I said I'm just getting started in coin-op games and other machines so I'm sure I'll probably need one down the line.
I would still like to join the other forum, just need to know who to send the donation to.
I think my next machine will be a pac man or donkey kong or something like that. I'm also wanting to get a claw machine and a quarter pusher and definitely a coin-op pool table.
I've found different places to order cabinet parts but I've not been able to find the slick wood like what the cherry master is made of...?

Where is a good place to find used machines.
Depends on what you are looking for a I suppose. My cabs have come from importers, Ken @ the Gameroom in Utah and KC @ LA Arcade Machines in California.
This is because I've got the fever for the Candies, if I was down with the woodies... Auctions, Craigslist, other collectors would be the best bets.

Anybody know how to wire up an ICT A6 bill acceptor..? It's 110V and has a harness with six or seven colored wires with (202) screw terminals on the ends. I don't know and can't find what wire goes where..???

lol there's not 202 of them that's the size, or so it says in the manual that came with it.

Back