What's new

piscian18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAIT! Hear me out.

So I have two Sega Blast Cities. One came with prewired JVS power connectors one did not.

1. On one cabinet, my naomi powers up and runs fine, both via JVS power connectors and Capcom I/O powered.

2. On the other cabinet black screen, using capcom I/O power, naomi powers but doesnt light up, burning smell from cabinet. Yup bad PSU gotta recap. However I swapped PSUs.

3. After swapping the known good PSU, naomi does the same thing, no lights black screen using Capcom I/O power. Using an external PSU for the naomi everything works fine.

Is it possible my Blast City I/O in one cab sucks or needs to be recapped? I can't think of anything else that could be wrong in the circuit. Maybe I need to rewire something?

Sounds to me like the Capcom IO is busted.

The Blast City PSU has a +3.3V rail (a beefy one too), so the Capcom IO is redundant. Capcom IO is for cabs that only have 5V and 12V rails, like an Astro. The IO has a DC to DC converter on the board for supplying +3.3V. However, the converter isn't very powerful and will not power a Netdimm setup.

Take out a multimeter and measure what voltage (if any) the Capcom IO is putting out.

Back