What's new
I think I posted somewhere in here stating I would want one, but in case I didn't, here's the official I WANT ONE!!

I am all for a CPS1 multi. Just curious on how it would be done with the 10 and 12mhz frequencies for certain games that need the extra boost in speed.

I thought this had already been tested and the 10mhz games continued to run at the normal speed as they were governed some other way.
That's what I initially thought too. But having done the tests myself I can clearly say some games made for 10Mhz don't play right at 12Mhz (I remember 1941 for sure).

Guess I'm gonna need 2 multis then...

I thought this had already been tested and the 10mhz games continued to run at the normal speed as they were governed some other way.
That's what I initially thought too. But having done the tests myself I can clearly say some games made for 10Mhz don't play right at 12Mhz (I remember 1941 for sure).
looks like we need some type of crystal/speed mod then ?(

Well... Shit. I had my 10 board switched to a 12 so that i could play everything properly. Guess I should have just searched for a second one.

There’s got to be a better solution than having 2 boards with the same multi, just for a crystal that costs you a couple dollars.

It's entirely possible to make a small board with a switch and 2 crystals on it

The issues are:

1) Making it not look ugly as hell

2) Making sure it fits into the holes and position of the original crystal

I'm sure it'll happen, just not immediately when there are other priorities

It's entirely possible to make a small board with a switch and 2 crystals on it

The issues are:

1) Making it not look ugly as hell

2) Making sure it fits into the holes and position of the original crystal
That shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to see instant loading and a nice onscreen menu to select game.

+1 for interest as well.

I'm totally fine with (and prefer) the same remote LCD for game selection as the CPS2. Probably going to eventually have all three (CPS1/2/3) in my Capcom Impress on a switcher. (As long as there are no space or heating issues)

Back