What's new
Now that we're at the 30th page of this thread... may I ask some updates on the project?

Not asking something like "20% or 50% complete" or an ETA on release, just some vague information if you guys have at least a working prototype which you have to refine so that all games work on it, etc...

I want one too.

I always seem to miss out on the really good arcade multi game boards (that run on real hardware).

I've been searching eBay for the last year trying to find a used cps-1 14 in 1 and / or a cps-2 18 in 1.

A cps-1 multi game makes more sense than a CPS-2 or 3 multi ever did as most of the best games were CPS-1. I had kinda lost interest in Street Fighter when Super SF2 came out but SF2 Champion and Final Fight are in the "always wanted" category.

The Darksoft CPS2 multi is available at the moment I believe and has loads of great games.

I still enjoy Super Turbo even though when I was an arcade regular I didn't really see it, but the Marvel games (Children of the Atom, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom etc) were super popular and I really enjoy those

Also stuff I didn't play back then but it's awesome like Progear and Mars Matrix

A CPS1 multi will be awesome, but I spend a LOT of time playing CPS2 and can highly recommend it (by the way, Hyper Fighting CPS1 has been converted to run on the CPS2 hardware and is pretty much perfect, there's also a CE conversion that works great apart from some weird sounds)

I thought the Darksoft CPS2 was sold out. I have been looking for one for a few weeks and have only seen used ones at inflated prices. Is there somewhere that still has new ones in stock?

I thought the Darksoft CPS2 was sold out. I have been looking for one for a few weeks and have only seen used ones at inflated prices. Is there somewhere that still has new ones in stock?
saveyourgames.it and paradisearcadeshop.com are the official distributors of the Darksoft CPS2 kit. It looks like both sites are out of stock right now, but perhaps @Darksoft can say when more stock is expected.

Darksoft has recently announced that more CPS2 kits are on their way.

Great!

I couldn't see any notice of it, or anywhere to put my name on a list on the Paradise site. Is there any info on when they will become available? I put my info into the "notify me" tab but I want to make sure I don't miss any pre-order list etc.

I just discovered this thread I want one what's the best donor PCB : SF2 turbo?
THX
NB: how much please?

I just discovered this thread I want one what's the best donor PCB : SF2 turbo?
THX
NB: how much please?
SF:CE is a good one I think.
Also, it's not "how much please?" it's "where do I send the money?"

:D
According to @Apocalypse in a previous comment, there are some (non-dash) games that play in a way faster than original when running in a Dash (12MHz) motherboard, such as 1941. So, a Dash motherboard could run almost all games with no differences, but not all of them ;)

That sounds like a big problem (given that people who buy these things crave an authentic experience. Maybe people need to buy two different motherboards to cover all basis.

That sounds like a big problem
Don't be so sure... Tricks can be done in software and with hardware.
I think it's more important you worry about having a 12mhz A-board right now for this reason.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I believe that a 10Mhz motorola 68k can be easily overclocked to 12Mhz.

This aside, I'm pretty sure there'll be an hardware solution, maybe an external clock switcher which will decide the correct frequency based on which game is being played.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I believe that a 10Mhz motorola 68k can be easily overclocked to 12Mhz.

This aside, I'm pretty sure there'll be an hardware solution, maybe an external clock switcher which will decide the correct frequency based on which game is being played.
A hardware solution should be feasable, plenty of ways to solve this.

Running an old M68K outside it's range is not advised, you will be subjecting it to EOS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failure_of_electronic_components#Electrical_overstress

If you blow the CPU you will have to change a 68 PIN PLCC device which is not fun.

Back