What's new
count me in I just bought a CPS1 for the reason of multi-ing it with DS :P
Which revision 'a' board did you end up deciding upon?
I got Knights of the Round which appears to be a dash version. The auction claimed that the sound didn't work when testing, so hopefully it either just does work or I can remedy it with not too much trouble. There is a post on here (arcade-projects) about replacing the Yamaha audio chip, but I believe the dash model has a q-sound chip.

edit: im a noob with CPS1 (and learning more about cps2) so anything I say now is probably wrong hehe. Sounds like mine is a CPS1 (not 1.5) and should have the Yamaha or the other audio chip (non q-sound)

Last edited:
I got Knights of the Round which appears to be a dash version. The auction claimed that the sound didn't work when testing, so hopefully it either just does work or I can remedy it with not too much trouble. There is a post on here (arcade-projects) about replacing the Yamaha audio chip, but I believe the dash model has a q-sound chip.
Qsound is CPS1.5, Dash board has same audio components as any other CPS1 non-Dash board

hi :

add me to the list, however a big thing for me is q sound integration.
so colour me interested until it is completed.

regards
euphoria

Add me on the pre-order list, please and thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,
I would like take 1 too :). could you add me to pre-order list plz?

Thanks

edit: im a noob with CPS1 (and learning more about cps2) so anything I say now is probably wrong hehe. Sounds like mine is a CPS1 (not 1.5) and should have the Yamaha or the other audio chip (non q-sound)
Could it be the case that the CPS1 needs -5V for the audio, but the person testing it has used a power supply that doesn't have -5v? That happens sometimes.

no solution about that? Is it inevitable? How to preserv our A board?
Currently?
Swap A-boards is the best method... But if you get desperate you can kill a CPS2 and take the custom from that (have fun its a hot air pull and a delicate flux-drag to install).
For some reason, the CPS2 customs don't seem to fail at the same rate as the CPS1 custom... But then again it is newer so IDK maybe it will in time?

Has the A custom ever been decapped?
I know Arcade_hacker did the C custom and shared, but I don't think the A has been.

IF we had the delayer information, it MIGHT be possible to build some FPGA augmentation to replace its function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back