What's new
Strider may not be accurate with 12, but man I remember it needing it, the slowdown on some bosses! Sheesh!

That slow down is part of the original game play, its not like Capcom released a Strider X to removed it. ;)
X>2

Would like to be added for one of these as well. Thanks!

Can you help me with this please.
what exactly do i need to njoy the upcoming cps1 multi?
makes it a difference which board to buy?
i can buy a magic sword but will this work maybe?

sorry for that

tom

Can you help me with this please.
what exactly do i need to njoy the upcoming cps1 multi?
makes it a difference which board to buy?
i can buy a magic sword but will this work maybe?

sorry for that

tom
Try to get your hands on a CPS1 DASH A board
See the picture for which game to buy. Before buying try to zoom in on the A board to see if it have a sticker that says DASH

Attachments

• 366955C8-DFA7-4DE3-8622-B707857C06B0.jpeg
    366955C8-DFA7-4DE3-8622-B707857C06B0.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 110
just a short question, sorry if the information is hidden somewhere in here, i simply can't remember.

with the multi around the corner i just a bought a carrier air wing /US Navy board, that means i will need the 12mhz crystal - will we be able to order one together with the multi? (That would be awesome :D )

No real benefit from having the dash board, if anything I'd recommend non dash since they are easier to come by and you'll have to deal with the crystal anyways for 10Mhz vs 12Mhz games.

if anything I'd recommend non dash since they are easier to come by and you'll have to deal with the crystal anyways for 10Mhz vs 12Mhz games.
I'm starting to think this myself... Good thing I've got both A-Dash (12mhz) and A-Short (10mhz) boards for whatever ends up being easier/better.

No real benefit from having the dash board, if anything I'd recommend non dash since they are easier to come by and you'll have to deal with the crystal anyways for 10Mhz vs 12Mhz games.
that‘s exactly the reason why i bought that board... just wondering if i could get the crystal together with the multi, because getting only one is always a pain

Upgrading the crystal isn't too difficult, if you know how to solder. If you've ever replaced a capacitor, you should be able to replace an oscillating crystal. That said, I'd like to see what dual-frequency support solution comes out of this, if there's any plans for it.

I find way more difficult to cleanly desolder the crystal than the capacitors since one leg is attached to a plane of the multilayer board.

If you are not sure if the 12MHz oscillator is going to work or you are considering using a dual frequency oscillator in the future you can install a socket like this one (available at RS): https://www.arieselec.com/products/data/14005-oscillator-socket.jpg

1st post updated , so far 278 members have shown interest in purchasing 300 CPS1 multis :thumbsup:

@Darksoft , @Apocalypse @Mitsurugi-w, please feel free to edit my first post with any info regarding the multi in case I have misrepresented something.

To all who have replied on this thread and have expressed interest please check the list on the 1st post to make sure I added you to the list. To all those not on the list please reply on this thread to be added and the number of multis you want to purchase.

Back