What's new
Sorry if this has been asked before but will the P3/P4 and extra kick harnesses be located on the multi as well or one would need a C board that have these connectors?

My C board is this:

should I look for another one? or is there a way to atleast add the kick harness connectors to it?
thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before but will the P3/P4 and extra kick harnesses be located on the multi as well or one would need a C board that have these connectors?

My C board is this:

should I look for another one? or is there a way to atleast add the kick harness connectors to it?
thanks!
C board is not needed anymore, it will come along with the multi.
You only need an A-Board !

Two reasons why I say avoid longboards...
  1. They seem to have the highest failure rate of all the CPS1 boards (I've owned three, two died)
  2. They don't fit inside candy cabs very well, needs to be angled inside my Vewlix to close the door
The short 10mhz boards seem to be the most stable of the CPS1s, followed by the CPS1-Dash (12mhz).
I've never seen a custom die on a CPS2 A-Board period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well, I got one short and one long board I'll be installing these onto. Got a good deal on the long board, so I'm just going to roll with it. It still works, *(knocks on wood), so hopefully it'll stay alive for long enough to make it worth using.

Two reasons why I say avoid longboards...

They seem to have the highest failure rate of all the CPS1 boards (I've owned three, two died)

They don't fit inside candy cabs very well, needs to be angled inside my Vewlix to close the door
The short 10mhz boards seem to be the most stable of the CPS1s, followed by the CPS1-Dash (12mhz).
I've never seen a custom die on a CPS2 A-Board period.
well thank god mine is a long board then ;(

I haven't noticed that long boards fail at any higher rate than the others, in my pile I have 2 long, 3 short 10mhz and 2 Dash, plus several others of various types in the repair queue for other people.

I have a working long (Final Fight) and a working 10mhz short (SF2WW) A as well

How different is the sound in long vs short A boards?

The only long A board I've tested is SF2WW and it has way more bass and lacking high frequencies (even after a recap) but I'm not sure if that's due to the game or due to the board type.

I've not noticed any differences, I'd say it's the game. AFAIK the sound system is the same on both

Have 16 and 4 have failed, 3 long and 1 short, make of that what you will...

Yeah I’m not buying the long boards are more prone to failure than the short ones.
There’s no real science here proving that.

Back