What's new
If hursit is making a CPS1 case, I hope it isn't as "flashy" as the CPS2 case. I avoided the CPS2 because it just looked too gaudy for me. The CPS3 case is nice and clean, doesn't overreach IMO. The CPS2 was just too "extra".

If the CPS1 looks tasteful, I'll jump on it, otherwise I'd just go with the tried and true plexi style.

I have an original Japanese Varth with its light grey plastic case. I was wondering if it could be reproduced with a 3D printer... It would be a nice protection and emulates original CPS1 case!

3d printing something that size is not cost effective. The time and material required would have the case running well over $100 and IMO it would probably look terrible too.

I wanted to reproduce the varth case with vacuum forming which is the original process used to manufacture those cases in the first place... so it could be 100% accurate to the original. But so far no one has been willing to sell me a case or a cheap board set with the case. I will be a month or two until I have my Vacuum Forming machine running anyway so it likely won't happen any time soon.

I had one on loan, that I would have in turn loaned out to Twisted...
But the copy process might damage the original, as I don't own it I couldn't agree to that potential term.

I think ill give a try to make a case for one of my pcb. Just for fun and to be able to store them. Ill show results when im done :P hehe

These acryllic "cases" look cool, but the PCBs would still get dusty :)

CPS1_2.jpg
CPS3_1.jpg

https://www.highflow.nl/behuizingen/cps1-acrylic-case.html?sl=en
https://www.highflow.nl/behuizingen/cps3-acrylic-case.html

I thought the same thing, but I don't think that is the intended use.

You most likely store it in something from the dust, but when moving it around to play it you can easily grab it and not worry about screwing up you board...

And it looks cool as hell!

:D

Anyone know what those screw posts they use in the corners of these are called, or where to get these?

they are called stand-offs. you can get them at most hardware stores or mcmaster-carr

they are called stand-offs. you can get them at most hardware stores or mcmaster-carr
Thanks- I have also seen some black rounded versions that look much fancier. I have a Cave pcb case that uses these type and they just make it look a little more high end. I wonder if these type are easily sourced too. . .

I thought the same thing, but I don't think that is the intended use.

You most likely store it in something from the dust, but when moving it around to play it you can easily grab it and not worry about screwing up you board...

And it looks cool as hell!

:D
Yeah, those are not meant to keep your boards dust-free. They're meant for what brent has said. Ease of moving without worrying about bending or breaking anything.

But that being the case, they are pretty classy looking. I've always thought it would be cool to make some sort of closing for the edges, maybe a combination of 3D printed parts for the corners that hold a small flat rectangle of plexi or sheet metal along the sides so you can better "seal" the PCB's. But then you have to think about heat dissipation, because there are components on these board that do generate some heat. Not a big deal if you put some vents holes near the heated components, like highflow has done with some of his other plexi kits.

Back