What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
T, I want to mount my lcd for the cps2 multi on the case and thought a cool plate that can also house an sd card extender with the lcd would be nice to have.

sd card extender

71i24SawWWL._SL1500_.jpg

Plate design sketch
Project2.jpg
Obviously the dimensions/locations of things would have to be adjusted. Install would be replacing the raised capcom logo or above it.

What do you think?? You want to take a go at making this? I would buy 2 of them right away :D

One issue I see with your sketch as it is is that you have the SD Card slot positioned where the ribbon cable connects to the LCD display. That's not a deal breaker, but your install would require you to desolder the LCD connector pins and solder the wires directly to the through holes. Even after that has been done, I don't think there's enough clearance on the right side of the display to fit the SD Card slot. Overall, I think your sketch needs another 1 inch between the right side of the display and the SD Card slot.

Photo Feb 01, 12 53 57 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks for the template.

Yup, it needs to be tweaked, maybe place the sd holder slot elsewhere?!

For the ribbon cable I was thinking of using a right angle connector or like you suggest just solder the wires directly on.

Cant wait to get my laser cutter.

waiting for something like this for a long time~~~!!!
sadly I don't have the skill to make it happen

What do you think?? You want to take a go at making this? I would buy 2 of them right away
somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted.

I'm sure something like this can be made, the difficult part will be figuring out how to securely mount it to the CPS2's shell.

I need someone to sell me a cheap CPS2 though, it'd be helpful if I had at-least an LCD unit from a multi as well.

What do you think?? You want to take a go at making this? I would buy 2 of them right away
somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted.
I'm sure something like this can be made, the difficult part will be figuring out how to securely mount it to the CPS2's shell.

I need someone to sell me a cheap CPS2 though, it'd be helpful if I had at-least an LCD unit from a multi as well.
No worries, I am sending you a set of CPS2 A+B boards to get you started as soon as I get them out of storage :)

Back