What's new
@bobbydilley, awesome!!! I did make a USB adapter for my time crisis 2 pcb as I use the time crisis 3 wiring loom instead of making a new wiring harness. Can’t wait for more!!! :) Just in case I can’t find the video your are mentioning, can you send me a link? I would really like to see it.

I actually found and saw the video, I thought it was so cool! I see that you are using a Wii sensor bar? Would it be easier to use a IR camera with a IR led transmitter inside the gun? Just like the V221 MIU and Rays pcb? I have done some testing around with those pcbs, I made a custom IR gun with a simple transmitter circuit and I have found out that as long as the camera can see the IR led on the surface of the display, it will work. I know the Xbox one and PlayStation 4 have a similar solution from PDP gaming. It uses a USB Webcam camera with some sort of IR filter and a gun with a IR laser. It this can be programmed to work, this may be a possible solution. I’m not sure though, I’m not to tech or code savvy.

Price is going to be 40 euros per unit, not including shipping. If you add that to the price of a Raspberry Pi 4 for about 40 euros, then the entire setup is 80 euros which we think is resonable for an IO board with this level of flexibility.

I'll be sending the form out in the next week or so, so if people are still interested they can submit their address / email and then I will email everyone individually for payment.

Amazing news!

Interested as well, count me in.
I don't mind the Pi4 by default + soldering for Pi2/3.

https://forms.gle/PrP3fsirGcnGtzy3A

Please fill in this form if you would like to purchase an OpenJVS Hat. Filling in the form expresses your interest, but doesn't guarantee you get one. I will be checking who expressed interest the earliest and sending to those people first to make sure it's fair. Once the initial batch has run out, I will consider how many remaining people would like one and then think about doing another run!

View: https://youtu.be/X7e-p567mTM

Last edited:
Also, just wanted to say, I know there's a planned batch at the moment with 2 max per customer, and then an assessment of potential further batches... I'd be down for another 2 if it comes around again... :D

Back