What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Price: $25

This allows you to use OEM Saturn controllers on a Supergun with DB15 controller ports.

I found a bunch of these blanks that I had printed up a few years ago but never got around to building so I decided to go ahead and assemble them. These are the original Frank_fjs version 1.6 adapters and not the newer more fancy ones designed by @Arthrimus . These adapters don't have button reassignment but if your supergun does this already (such as the HAS) then it's no big deal. These are set up to use the six buttons like Street Fighter format but also has three switches to swap the top and bottom rows.

Currently this has an advantage over the Arthrimus version because the chip that version uses is not in stock anywhere and won't be for a long time.

THESE ADAPTERS ONLY WORK WITH OEM SEGA CONTROLLERS. (except analog Nights controller) This does not work on modern repro controllers.

NEW CODE ATTACHED. ALLOWS NEWER CONTROLLERS LIKE RETROBIT TO WORK! PLEASE TEST AND REPORT OTHER CONTROLLERS THAT PREVIOUSLY DID NOT WORK.

EVEN NEWER CODE ATTACHED! Start is now mapped to start and the device will now support AUTO-FIRE with this code!

--- You can now use AUTO-FIRE with any button! This can be turned on and off for each button at will!

To activate auto-fire, at any time after powering on, hold the R button and while holding it down tap the button you want to use auto-fire with.

To disable auto-fire simply re-do the process (hold R, tap button)

20221117_231258~2.jpg

Attachments

• PIC16F690_Saturn_to_parallel.production.zip
    359 bytes · Views: 72
  • (autofire-start)Sat-2-Neo_Frank_fjs_PIC16F690.rar
    491 bytes · Views: 67
Last edited:
Apocalypse did me a favor and worked on the code for the original frank_fjs version of this adapter that uses a PIC16F690. This update allows newer controllers to also work and not just the OG controllers. This has been tested with my Clear Pink Retrobit/Limited Run Breast Cancer Awareness controller. With this code the newer controller works perfectly fine. OG controllers still work as well.

For some reason Retrobit used a different protocal than the original controllers did and while it works ok on the Saturn it caused these adapters to have issues.

Code is attached. in the original post above. Erase the current chip and write this code to it. Make sure to secure the chip or it won't work correctly. Please test this with other newer controllers to se if the fix works for them as well.

Ok guys. Another free update/upgrade to the original Frank_fjs version of the sat-2-neo. Here are the changes (tested with OG and newer controllers such as Retrobit):

--- Start is now mapped to...well...start on the Saturn pad instead of the R button.

--- You can now use AUTO-FIRE with any button! This can be turned on and off for each button at will!

To activate auto-fire, at any time after powering on, hold the R button and while holding it down tap the button you want to use auto-fire with.

To disable auto-fire simply re-do the process (hold R, tap button)

New code is attached to the first post!

Huge thanks to @Mitsurugi-w for making this new firmware for me, since I just got a Saturn Virtua Stick set up and I was looking for a Neo adapter. I asked Mitsu about having Start moved off of R and back onto the original Start button, and just a few days later it's all good now thanks to this version. The autofire is just the cherry on top, too.

Back