What's new

m.Balmed

Beginner
Reaction score
Tindie orders blew through before I even saw it, there a way to secure one before hand or "better luck next time"?

low_budget

Student
Reaction score
I have to admit, I am having some burnout on building Parsec superguns by hand. In the last 2 years I have built over 100 of them.

I will be building one last batch of 6 available late December / early January. Then I need to take a break for a while, then look at my options for building larger quantities and possibly another redesign.

I will continue to offer the bare PCBs with parts list for the v2.2 Parsec.

everten

Professional
Reaction score
It does look pretty time consuming to build those. I bought one 8 months ago and finally fired it up the other day. Works great, good work man!

I ripped a bunch of ATX power supplies out of junk PCs, but I can't seem to find a nice form factor. Any recommendations? I'd prefer not to buy one, but I'm not finding what I want. I'd like to build this into a case of some sort and have it all self contained.

obitus1990

Student
Reaction score
It does look pretty time consuming to build those. I bought one 8 months ago and finally fired it up the other day. Works great, good work man!

I ripped a bunch of ATX power supplies out of junk PCs, but I can't seem to find a nice form factor. Any recommendations? I'd prefer not to buy one, but I'm not finding what I want. I'd like to build this into a case of some sort and have it all self contained.

I use one of Mini-box's PicoPSUs with mine.

rcboosted

Student
Reaction score
I have to admit, I am having some burnout on building Parsec superguns by hand. In the last 2 years I have built over 100 of them.

I will be building one last batch of 6 available late December / early January. Then I need to take a break for a while, then look at my options for building larger quantities and possibly another redesign.

I will continue to offer the bare PCBs with parts list for the v2.2 Parsec.
Totally understandable on the burn out. I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting this. Perhaps you can offer a kit with PCB and all the parts that is needed? The user can then assemble it together themselves. I tallied up the price of all the parts that is needed via the BOM list and it was over $200 including the PCB before any shipping.

pfitz1982

Student
Reaction score
So I received my Parsec and it won't sync with my Sony PVM 20L2MD. Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting steps i can take to try and correct this issue. Also, should I be looking at TTL sync as a possible correction for this issue?

pfitz1982

Student
Reaction score
Ok, so at someones suggestion on discord I went ahead and soldered the jumper for TTL sync this morning to see if it makes a difference and it doesn't appear to make any difference. I'm attaching some video to show what I am getting along with showing how i connected the TTL circuit. I am connecting this item via 8pin din to SCART to BNC direct into my PVM 20L2MD.

Also, I attempted hooking the parsec up through my OSSC, but also got no sync.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9PuxrbxV8s
(TTL)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuqGah_LVvY
(TTL OFF)

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: