What's new
For Sale
I've always been interested in that Video-CD card, of course mostly just for one game/Lunar MPEG-Ban. ;)
Duncan's ODE is on the way. You don't even need a Saturn.
I know you are joking, but maybe this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been interested in that Video-CD card, of course mostly just for one game/Lunar MPEG-Ban. ;)
Duncan's ODE is on the way. You don't even need a Saturn.
I know you are joking, but maybe this?
oh I'm sure Prof Abrasive's ODE will kick ass. At least he open to mass production. And yes, I'm joking because I can't get over the thought of some guy with a loot singing Duncan's Ode at King Richards Fair.

Are there still some people who want to buy Deunan’s ODE?
Me!

My problem with Abrasive's solution is it uses the expansion card port.
That means you'll NEVER have 100% Saturn library support because the few games that require the MPEG video card can't EVER be played.

Do you want to play these (what 2) games?
Mmmm... Prob not, but the fact people are flocking to a flawed solution when a perfect solution exists and has existed this entire time is crazy to me.

Also Abrasive's solution isn't a Optical Drive Emulator (ODE) because its not emulating the optical drive at all.
Rather its using a hardware vulnerability in the Saturn itself to load code thur an alternative boot vector.

Are there still some people who want to buy Deunan’s ODE?
His stuff works amazing; just a royal pain in the ass to order. I could easily see why people would want to say “screw this guy!” and buy an alternative if available. Once you get the order over with though you’ll forget all about it.

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry, I haven’t read the details about this device. Seems that what I can gather is that the card has ram expansion on board. Just not the mpeg adapter. If it hadn’t the ram expansion, I would not consider. You gotta be able to play Street Fighter Zero 3 upper.

Yes, those people who have the card quickly disappear and happily play their games. Deunan is just too overwhelmed with the demand.

I think he tried to expand his operation once and he got burned with a bunch of non-operational devices, or at least had to make a ton of repairs. I don’t remember the details because it was about three or four years ago now. Regardless, his ordering system is still hot garbage. I personally think he gets his rocks off on the whole thing lol.

Back