What's new
For Sale

JoeAwesome

Professional
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. As I'm slowly restoring my NAOMI universal cabinet, I'd like to get an understanding of how much these particular parts and carts will cost. I'm not looking to buy all of this at once, but I'd like a good gauge at what to look for.

Need:
Coin box lock, tang and key (doesn't have to be for coin boxes, just something to cover up the hole and keep it closed)

Want:
NAOMI 2 motherboard (instead of the 1)

Found:
Audio amp transformer
Power Smash Tennis (Virtua Tennis) cart
2 player 6 button control panel (used)
Slashout cart
Dynamite Deka EX cart
NAOMI 1 motherboard
Control Panel m4x16mm carriage bolts (at least 3)

Thanks in advance for any help, including links or other resources!

Last edited:
I got a Power Smash cart you can have for shipping dude.

An N1 mobo is about $50-70
An N2 is around $150- 200, but shipping them is sketchy.
If you're just looking to play the games and not collect, I highly recommend setting up a netboot setup

I got a Power Smash cart you can have for shipping dude.

An N1 mobo is about $50-70
An N2 is around $150- 200, but shipping them is sketchy.
If you're just looking to play the games and not collect, I highly recommend setting up a netboot setup
DZ, you're a legit friend. I'll PM you in a bit.

Thanks for the helpful information, as well. I've gone back and forth on buying individual carts vs. netboot. From some of prices I've seen on carts, it's almost academic to get the netboot set up once you add up a couple of heavy hitters.

As for the motherboards, I see them all over the place on forums, but it's good to know for a local who might help out at a fair price. These prices look very fair to make an offer with him.

Hey,

I'm just getting into Naomi recently. I just bought a Naomi 1 for $85 shipped from eBay, and a 512mb net dimm for $185 shipped from a member on KLOV. I thought I got a pretty good deal on both. I would love to have a cab, especially a Blast City. Good luck with your universal cab restore, I'm jealous. :thumbup:

Rob

Hey,

I'm just getting into Naomi recently. I just bought a Naomi 1 for $85 shipped from eBay, and a 512mb net dimm for $185 shipped from a member on KLOV. I thought I got a pretty good deal on both. I would love to have a cab, especially a Blast City. Good luck with your universal cab restore, I'm jealous. :thumbup:

Rob
Thanks! It's not so bad structurally. Just a small amount of rust here and there, but the deconversion process hasn't been easy to understand with this being my first cabinet. I'll post pics and a small guide when it's back to spec.

The hardest part was driving 4+ hours away to an AFB as a civilian to pick it up, lol.

I think I have one. If there is a unpaired one (no amp PCB to go along with it), its yours for shipping cost. Would rather you get going than it sit in a parts box in my garage.

Hey,

Rob
Thanks! It's not so bad structurally. Just a small amount of rust here and there, but the deconversion process hasn't been easy to understand with this being my first cabinet. I'll post pics and a small guide when it's back to spec.
The hardest part was driving 4+ hours away to an AFB as a civilian to pick it up, lol.
Nice, can't wait to see the final product.

Rob

I think I have one. If there is a unpaired one (no amp PCB to go along with it), its yours for shipping cost. Would rather you get going than it sit in a parts box in my garage.
Nice! Let me know. It's amazing to see the generosity towards this project for me.

6) Slashout cart
7) Dynamite Deka EX cart
having bought both of these carts myself within the last yearSlashout is $50-$80
Dynamite Deka EX is $80-$120
Good to know. Thanks!

I have the transformer and sound amp pictured above. I'm looking for a net dimm (trade only).

Found it! I'll PM you.

NAOMIAudioStepDown.jpg

Yessir! That's what I need. PM responded. I'll definitely be keeping a before and after album for the restore, but anyone think there'll be interest for the "deconversion" aspect of it? I can't imagine too many UK cabs end up in Japan or the US.

Im pretty sure that all of the upright 18 wheeler cabs are UK, so it might be more then you think.

Good enough for me. I'm trying to go for a straightforward solution to all this without hacking up any existing cables in the cab. If all goes well with the amp transformer, the wiring should look nice and clean.

Back