What's new
Mark your items as sold
@edwin128 @twistedsymphony i just found this psu on ebay...

Naomi PSU

Any opinions it seems i still need the connectors, but it looks like it can be regulated...
Hi Moppel. Yes, it does says its for a naomi. but no idea about how it would perform and does still needs the connectors.

I would for the safer route and get a sun psu, the problem is that these in ebay require a stepdown converter like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-NAO...119121?hash=item2aa2edc9d1:g:g9gAAOSwMxdapbg0
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-NAO...548649?hash=item2aa4070029:g:34YAAOSw3utY43Or

i just found this psu on ebay...

Naomi PSU

Any opinions it seems i still need the connectors, but it looks like it can be regulated..
That's a supplemental PSU. Notice it ONLY does 3.3V. So you'd run that in addition to your normal JAMMA PSU

I mean it's not a terrible option but you'd be doing a lot of rewiring to make it work since you'd have to disable the 3.3V output from your Capcom IO (since you don't want to mix voltages from different source) while also merging the Grounds (since they need a common reference point). So you'd basically need to build a custom power harness to make that work.

@twistedsymphony thanks, it looked like is was only doing 3.3v as well, thanks for clearing that up -

ok, i'll first try the atx psu with adapter route and if that fails i'll get a hold of a sun psu...

Thanks for all the help guys :thumbsup:

Handier going the ATX route tbh, if you go with a SUN PSU you'll likely need a stepdown anyways as most are 110v, these are regular power supplies modified to give 3.3v (hence the sticker) and that only so your 5 and 12v would have to come from elsewhere, complicating the whole process. All the voltages can be gotten from the ATX with a couple of adapters, probably the easiest method.

Edit: misunderstood the last post because I didn't read the one a few up from it. Disregard!

I just put together a Naomi 2 with NetDimm and PiForce all running off an 250w ATX power supply. It works perfectly with no issues at all. I just bought the correct connectors and pins and crimped new plugs using the appropriate cores from the ATX PSU. Just make sure you double up the wires of the 3.3V and 5V to maximize supply. It really isn't hard and is a lot cheaper than finding some ageing SUN PSU.

The connectors you need are JST VL series 6.2mm Pitch. The pin out is easy to find by searching Naomi pinout.

If you dont want to go the ATX route you can buy fully adjustable MeanWell power supplies also that are a lot cheaper than a SUN PSU. Look for a MeanWell QP-200-3A or equivalent. You'll still need some connectors and wire. I would also recommend a decent crimp tool if you are planing on working on arcade stuff a bit as they make life a lot easier.

The connectors you need are JST VL series 6.2mm Pitch. The pin out is easy to find by searching Naomi pinout.
Thanks for that info, I was about to ask what plugs do we need until I scrolled down ><

yeah thanks for the info, i oredered the adapter from @NathanDrake so this should work i guess... - but doubling the wires sounds like a good tip for preparing the psu - i'll have a look which psus are flying around in the house - impressive how many old pcs that are no longer in use i have here and are getting salvaged now...

Updated the price list and added a raiden fighters pcb.

Oh, sorry, I got excited! Hmm, so PGM has Espagluda? I have to look into this! GLWS!
It's a conversion cart. Three Cave games ran on PGM hardware in PCB format (Ketsui, DDP DOJ & Espgaluda I) -- They were converted to run on cart by this fella in Europe -- these ROMS were recently shared to the community here, but it's a little tricky to make one if you're not proficient with soldering/burning EPROMS and the like.

However, if you wanted one, I can recommend you hit up @oneleaf86 on here as I believe he's got some spare carts with solid workmanship compared to the European conversion.

Playing Espgaluda on a PS2 is not a bad option either, considering the Arika port being pretty solid.

Last edited:
Back