What's new
Does anyone know if this is based on MAME or Final Burn Alpha, or if this is a new emulator written from scratch?

Am unsure about that. Finally got around to playing this collection and can concur that the stretched aspect ratio and lack of filters really ruin it. It feels really budget like they just used a shareware packaging tool for the menus, etc.

On the plus side, I felt that the games were pretty snappy and low lag when compared to the efforts of some of these companies porting shmups really bad on the Switch.

I've not looked into it myself, but I've been told they're using FBA as well. Pretty sure FBA has a non-commercial license. :watching:

That is disappointing. Going after a license violation in Taiwan is probably time consuming and expensive. They could've been smart and hired one of the developers to make a custom emulator that doesn't share code.
(I think Nintendo is quite strict about licensing third party code, so I'm surprised that they didn't bring it up or checked it.)

Nice! That was honestly the main thing that kept me from buying it. No 4:3 was a dealbreaker. Glad to see they got it sorted.

That’s great news!

The collection has its issues but with the 4:3 addition, it’s a great way to explore the library.

Any new updates on this one? 4:3 is great, but some filters would be awesome.. lagwise the opinions seems split?

Back