What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I've read a lot of conflicting info on the differences between the PGM Mobos. I got another one in today and realized that of the 3 Mobos I own, all 3 are different. So I decided to take the case off and photograph them so we an get to the bottom of this.

V1: IGS PCB NO-0133-1 (25G4285-1)
From gc8tech.com
This is the oldest version Identified so far.

V3: IGS PCB NO-0133-3 (25G4285-3)
From gc8tech.com
Similar to the above PCB

V5: IGS PCB NO-0133-5 (25G4285-5)
This one Came From Yahoo Auctions bundled with a Demon Front Cart
Similar to the one above
no-0135-5_top.jpg

V8: IGS PCB-0133-08-CP (41-069-B4-08)
From PascalP
this is the first one we've identified with the ground plain under the sound section, and the first one with the 3.3V regulator.
also note that the power Cap has moved from the left of the JAMMA edge to directly over the power pins on the JAMMA edge
pcb-0133-08_top.jpg

V9: IGS PCB-0133-09-CP (41-069-B4-09)
From nam9
similar to the above PCB
Top.jpg

V10: IGS PCB-0133-10 (41-069-B4-10)
From gc8tech.com
Similar to the above PCBs

V11: IGS PCB-0133-11-CP (41-069-B4-11)
From gc8tech.com

V12: IGS PCB-0133-12-CP (41-069-B4-12)
This one came From Sheep Nova
41-069-b4-12_top.jpg

V14: IGS PCB-0133-14-CP (41-069-B4-14)
This one came from Yaton and was bundled as part of a DDP2 kit
This is the newest revision identified so far.
the battery section switched from a square silk screen to a round silk screen and where the previous models had several pin options for the battery this one seems to have only one option and was shipped with a battery holder rather than a soldered battery.
41-069-b4-14_top.jpg

Attachments

• no-0135-5_bottom.jpg
    no-0135-5_bottom.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 842
  • 41-069-b4-12_bottom.jpg
    41-069-b4-12_bottom.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 722
  • 41-069-b4-14_bottom.jpg
    41-069-b4-14_bottom.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 610
  • pcb-0133-08_bottom.jpg
    pcb-0133-08_bottom.jpg
    870.4 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
So all 3 of these look very similar, they all have the same major chips in the same general location.

the biggest difference between the first and second boards that I can see is the inclusion of a 3.3V voltage regulator on the lower left. I'd suspect they use newer versions of components that require a lower voltage, hence why that appeared.

the only differences I can see from the second and third boards is some of the trace routing around the battery, this is most noticeable on the bottom of the PCB but even then the differences are subtle.

Does anyone have any version of the Mobo other than the 3 I've listed here? Please post them up!

Last edited:
A big change is the battery and its circuits / tracks. It starts off with a rechargeable Ni-MH.. Which ends up leaking and killing the board if not fix up. The latter revision just have a coin cell instead.

D.

Dude, pull that battery off your first one or you'll have a ruined board soon.

OK, well replace soon with eventually. Not worth keeping those on IMO.

Had a deadstock DDP2 kit that looked fine when I got it. Put it away. In a few weeks time the battery had crystalised and leaked everywhere.

Had a deadstock DDP2 kit that looked fine when I got it. Put it away. In a few weeks time the battery had crystalised and leaked everywhere.
that sucks but it's a good example as to why you should go by the date on the battery and not how it looks.

Forgot to say... Also the version with the NiMH battery.. The electrolytic Caps tend to leak as well. The one near the CPU 68000 seams to do the most damage. I just re-cap them all, Includeing the sound section. That way its done :)

D.

Does anyone have any version of the Mobo other than the 3 I've listed in the top post?

I thought there was a PCB that had big white letters of "IGS" on it... but can't seam to find a picture...

D.

Does anyone have any version of the Mobo other than the 3 I've listed in the top post?
Yes, actually...

Top.jpg

Check between the battery and crystal...

Think it fits between your oldest and your 2nd oldest...

Attachments

• Base.jpg
    Base.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 652
Think it fits between your oldest and your 2nd oldest...
interesting. it's got a lower number, but like you said, it clearly fits after my first board.

HOWEVER. it does use the "newer" cart PCB numbering convention where they dropped the "NO-" prefix

Thanks for the pictures!

I have a second that is IGS PCB NO-0133-5 that looks identical to your first...
Are you sure yours is 0135 and not 0133?

You're right it is 0133 X/

I'm gonging to have to re-check my two later boards I may have missed the "IGS PCB" number under the cart connectors

I have a different version of the one @nam9 posted. It looks pretty identical except in that photo, you can see the silk-screened square under the coin cell battery. Mine has a circle silk screened there. I can take it apart again sometime this week and snap pictures of the entire board

I have a different version of the one @nam9 posted. It looks pretty identical except in that photo, you can see the silk-screened square under the coin cell battery. Mine has a circle silk screened there. I can take it apart again sometime this week and snap pictures of the entire board
take down the PCB number as well. I think that will be the best way to tell the board revisions apart.

Back