What's new
Based on what is dumped in Mame
V1.00JP -> PCB Version Released in Japan (AMI Branded) 03/14/05 20:04:08 build date
V1.01HK -> PCB Versions Released in HK (identical to V1.00 according to MAME) 03/14/05 20:04:08 build date
V1.01TW -> PCB Versions Released in TW (identical to V1.00 according to MAME) 03/14/05 20:04:08 build date
V2.00 -> Cart Version 09/12/05 16:42:51 build date

I don't know what actually differs between the games but Looking at the MAME dumps the Graphics Tiles, Graphics Sprites, and Audio Samples are all the same between the versions, the only differences are the program ROM and the protection code.

Last edited:
Have you checked FB Neo ?? I was sure i dumped some new roms versions ages ago... All my Roms were added to FB Neo first.. i don't know if ALL were added to MAME in the end... Depending on the ASIC 27.. you can't upgrade any versions to any other version. I know it has come up a few times with Marshal Masters. v 2.00 i think is the one fight clubs use / recommend. So i have upgraded a few carts to 2.00 There was only 1 cart that wasn't able to do.

I bought a PCB version of Gladiator thinking it was a good deal. Then realised that the music is crap compared to the cart version. Huge regret for that purchase :(

I bought a PCB version of Gladiator thinking it was a good deal. Then realised that the music is crap compared to the cart version. Huge regret for that purchase :(
Really? I had no idea the PCB versions are different than the carts. I have PCBs of SvG and Demon Front. Maybe I need to do some comparisons.

Last edited:
I *think* this is the guy that bought it from me, I remember the buyer asking this same question. There's a link to a page that has some info on upgrading/rewriting it or something. I still cant find anything with a definite list of differences. @DJLC was it you that bought it from me on facebook?

Yup thats me, I found a SvG discord and asked around about the versions. Apperently V100JP (which is what I have now) is an older version. The community prefers V200 and considers it completely different. The balance and mechanics are different enough that they won't play V100.

So if you're looking to get the game, try and get the V200 one or else the FGC will complain (as always)

Yup thats me, I found a SvG discord and asked around about the versions. Apperently V100JP (which is what I have now) is an older version. The community prefers V200 and considers it completely different. The balance and mechanics are different enough that they won't play V100.

So if you're looking to get the game, try and get the V200 one or else the FGC will complain (as always)
Wait, there's a SvG discord? Can you invite me? I don't care about the FGC, but I do need a cart pretty bad!

is it possible to make an SvG bootleg? it seems like the only one that isn't available.

The version differences fascinates me
Do you know where I could find the information regarding this?
Must be some sort of wiki or something

Also wondering now what version would be the PS2 and PSP version?

The version differences fascinates me
Do you know where I could find the information regarding this?
Must be some sort of wiki or something

Also wondering now what version would be the PS2 and PSP version?
Dude. Your screen name. <3

Nice I'll check it out
The PS2 version was the only version I knew of
I then found out it was PGM game
I wonder how much the cart goes for
PCB is about $150-250, cart is wacky. I've seen it for $400 (should have grabbed it), all the way to $800.

PCB is about $150-250, cart is wacky. I've seen it for $400 (should have grabbed it), all the way to $800.
Holy Smokes 🤯
Didn't realize there was a PCB version
Thank God I grab stuff that I intend to play mainly
I'm good with the PS2 version 😁

Back