What's new
For Sale

MechaJubei

Student
Reaction score
Hey all. Just got my hands on a seemingly rare Naomi game that I remember loving on the Dreamcast. For DC it was called Cannon Spike, NAOMI is called Gunspike. Really fun shooter with Capcom characters from many games. Anyway, I couldn't find anywhere that it was for sale online so wondering if anyone here has bought/sold one of these...

I bought it with a motherboard for $190 + ship on ebay last year. FYI the title screen will be Cannon Spike on a USA bios.

There are 2 cart versions:
Gunspike, is the japan version and works with japan bios
Cannonspike is the USA/Export version and works with USA/Export bios

I think cannonspike is a little more expensive than gunspike

I bought last year in eBay cannonspike with motherboard for 150€ (shipped)

Gunspike, is the japan version and works with japan bios
Cannonspike is the USA/Export version and works with USA/Export bios
are you sure ?
as far as I know this game is multiregion, at least that one is dumped in MAME romset.

can you take photos of your cart and if possible ROM TEST screen please ?

I have a Gunspike cartridge that I can confirm changes to Canon Spike when I run it under USA bios.

they have different s/n -
841-0012C Japanese GUNSPIKE
841-0012C-01 US CANNONSPIKE
so there is chances program ROM different.

@Kitinota if you have a chance please look Cannon Spike ROM TEST, it's IC22 BYTE/WORD SUMM numbers.
so we will know if US version ROM is different from dumped Japan Gunspike.

Last edited:
So I play it in English then? I have the gunspike cart. I haven't popped it in yet

So I play it in English then? I have the gunspike cart. I haven't popped it in yet
Yes as long as it is run under USA bios the game will run in English as Cannon Spike regardless of what the cart sticker says.

Back