What's new

DXDeacon

Beginner
Reaction score
So I thought I knew the answer to this, and it may even be a stupid question but I figured I would ask anyways.

I have my Netboot Naomi 2 setup on a 20" Dell LCD via VGA. I got one of those mini Pandora Key Box setups that go on a desk for a buddy of mine. It has a cheap looking 19" no name China brand LCD hooked to the board via VGA. One thing I noticed when I booted Marvel Heroes vs Street fighter and Marvel vs Capcom is that the sprites on the characters are not pixelated at all, they look great like they were designed for a higher resolution. In comparison, my Marvel vs Capcom 2 and other Capcom fighting games on my Naomi 2 setup all have pixelated sprite characters (which if I remember correctly the original arcade also had).

I guess what I'm asking is why those games look better? Especially considering the the monitor it's connected to. Just want to make sure it's not just my Naomi setup that the games look like that.

In some Pandora's Box xxxx in 1 have smoothing turned on. Some boxes will let you disable it in the settings.

You can make any game look like a blurry mess by smearing vasaline on the screen. Easy fix.

Thanks guys, figured the output of the device was probably the reason. Wish there was something to do the same on the Naomi.

Back