What's new
I was replying to the person who said that someone was more than likely not connecting the hd retrovision directly to a display monitor.

For all I know, there is a common belief that the cables are not compatible with the minigun.
No worries man, I actually made my first reply saying that I really only have experience with the 8-pin and tried to point them in the direction of the bigger main thread for more info before just recommending a scart converter option if the cabling didn't work out.

I mentioned just getting a middle-man scart to comp box would probably be for the best going forward since there's a lot more scart options out there for other systems and hardware outside of the 9-pin din, so that would probably be the better future investment anyways.

Edit: thread just updated while typing this, apparently you're recommending the same thing now anyways lol. Weird timing I guess

No worries man, I actually made my first reply saying that I really only have experience with the 8-pin and tried to point them in the direction of the bigger main thread for more info before just recommending a scart converter option if the cabling didn't work out.

I mentioned just getting a middle-man scart to comp box would probably be for the best going forward since there's a lot more scart options out there for other systems and hardware outside of the 9-pin din, so that would probably be the better future investment anyways.

Edit: thread just updated while typing this, apparently you're recommending the same thing now anyways lol. Weird timing I guess
I think he needs to invest more money somewhere, unfortunately, to figure out what will work.

There are lots of scart options, and that's great. Unfortunately, they take up a lot of space.

I really like the shinybow and I think that's a good price I linked. I purchased 3 of them from that link and had good luck.

I have an AES and I use the same cable with it. I don't have Metal Slug X on it but I have a 161 in 1 and it has no problem. Im pretty sure I'm doing something wrong with the mvs
I don't think there's much you can do with the MVS.

I have 3 of them, and you realty just connect them to the Jamma harness and make sure you are supplying reliable power.

The AES and the minigun don't have the same output, so that's not really apples to apples.

I'll check with him, but I believe my brother sees similar behavior from his MVS on one of his CRT TVs (possibly even with metal slug X) but his AES is fine on that TV.

I'll check with him, but I believe my brother sees similar behavior from his MVS on one of his CRT TVs (possibly even with metal slug X) but his AES is fine on that TV.
I checked with my brother and it is his AES that has trouble whenever he fires the shotgun. MVS is fine.
His issue is kinda the opposite of yours but shows he's using the same cable on both devices with different results.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Holy Crap, thanks guys. Solved it!!!! All I did was turn all 3 Red, Green and Blue pots all the way to the left and slowly went to the right when the colors looked correct. I am so happy. Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry I am such an idiot.

Holy Crap, thanks guys. Solved it!!!! All I did was turn all 3 Red, Green and Blue pots all the way to the left and slowly went to the right when the colors looked correct. I am so happy. Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry I am such an idiot.
Excellent. Congrats.

I don't think "idiot" is fair.

"Novice" is probably more fair.

How can you know to do something when you are just starting out and still learning a lot?

When I got my first PCB that wasn't MVS, I couldn't understand why it didn't work with my minigun. I didn't know that the voltage needed to be adjusted for some beefier PCBs.

I learned that the voltage needed to be adjusted in the minigun thread. My cheeks turned read, but everybody was cool.

One of my miniguns wouldn't sync with my OSSC until I adjusted the R,G,B pots.

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Now you can finally enjoy your new setup.

Yeah, thanks. I played King of Fighters 2000 until 4 in the morning. So much fun and it looks awesome. Now to try and find some good deals on carts. I only have 6 AES games. I just got the MVS and already have 4 games. I think I'm more of an MVS fan. The affordability alone makes it funner to collect for.

Yeah, thanks. I played King of Fighters 2000 until 4 in the morning. So much fun and it looks awesome. Now to try and find some good deals on carts. I only have 6 AES games. I just got the MVS and already have 4 games. I think I'm more of an MVS fan. The affordability alone makes it funner to collect for.
I'm glad it worked out, and that you are enjoying it.

The output from the minigun is superior to the AES, IMO. It's a really wonderful gift to the community. I wouldn't be collecting arcade PCBs if it didn't exist.

I was starting to collect MVS games as well... Then I realized I just wanted to own only a few and play the rest of real hardware, so I bought the Terraonion flash cart.

Back