What's new

IMACOMPUTA

Student
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been dealing with an issue with a 2-in-1 Jamma switcher and plugging in/unplugging different boards quite a bit. At some point when doing this and making small adjustments to my PSU voltage, my Point Blank 2 board developed these graphical glitches.

PXL_20221204_014516976.jpg

I also have Tekken 2, so I pulled the top board from point blank 2 and tried it with Tekken 2 and had similar graphical issues. So I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to that Sony top board. It was working perfectly fine hours prior before I started messing around in there. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix it? I bought this thing with a bad sony board. The one that seems broken now was a replacement. I'd really rather not have to buy yet another one of these!

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Perhaps it’s an issue with the ram on the top board? That’s my guess though.

Used a hot air reflow station on all the chips. Replaced the C16 capacitor and added a cap to C11 (it was missing since I got it).
Looks like I fixed most of the corrupted graphics, but there are still some squiggly lines.. anyone have any tips on clearing this up?
PXL_20221205_051533170.jpg
(you can see it midway down the lower two games and across "Play Against.." on the bottom right.

Ok.. so it had the problem again and I started pushing on chips on the PCB and got it to change. Upon closer inspection it actually seems like it might be my Jamma harness. I positioned the board a certain way where it's now working perfectly.

Does that check out? Could these kinds of video artifacts be caused by bad connections at the Jamma connector?

Back