What's new

tanoris

Student
Reaction score
Just got my first Vewlix from KC (Socal), the C Version.I had heard he was a local distributor and allowed local pick up so I PM'd him on IG. Guy was very communicative and really helped me out once I got there and was even nice enough to swap the panel for one I really wanted vs the one that came with it and threw in the Marquee Plexi Header that goes on the top (most distributors seemed to have been missing these). He was really cool about me checking the insides and making sure it in working condition. He had lots to offer and I even got a stool from him as well! Unsure what his name is here on the forums but will definitely be back to buy more from him.

Just got my first Vewlix from KC (Socal), the C Version.I had heard he was a local distributor and allowed local pick up so I PM'd him on IG. Guy was very communicative and really helped me out once I got there and was even nice enough to swap the panel for one I really wanted vs the one that came with it and threw in the Marquee Plexi Header that goes on the top (most distributors seemed to have been missing these). He was really cool about me checking the insides and making sure it in working condition. He had lots to offer and I even got a stool from him as well! Unsure what his name is here on the forums but will definitely be back to buy more from him.
He's actually banned on here for stuff that was before my time on this forum. I bought a Vewlix L-ami from him at the end of 2022 and it was a great experience for me too. Mine was shipped but he was very communicative and responsive. I have no complaints and he included the marquee in perfect condiotion without me even asking for it.

Oh wow had no idea, guess this post may be pointless then haha. Well then I guess for anyone looking to to purchase locally from him still, my experience was really good at the time of this posting.

1705712786198.png

He definitely gets a bad rap and I think he dropped the ball on something big time which led to his banning here, but I purchased two cabs from him at separate times and they both turned out great. If anyone happens to purchase from him, just confirm EVERYTHING that is included/not included and get pics and videos -- he sent me way more than any other seller has.

Just know that he robs the locks off of everything and sells them separately, which is annoying.

He definitely gets a bad rap and I think he dropped the ball on something big time which led to his banning here, but I purchased two cabs from him at separate times and they both turned out great. If anyone happens to purchase from him, just confirm EVERYTHING that is included/not included and get pics and videos -- he sent me way more than any other seller has.

Just know that he robs the locks off of everything and sells them separately, which is annoying.
Good point he did steal my locks. But yeah pictures were thorough for me too.

I posted something similar in the recent purchases thread. I am the guy who went with @tanoris to pick up his first Vewlix. Like I said in the other post, the KC from 2020 or so was nothing like the KC from 2024. Since I know more about these things then when I first went, I asked if I can look at the IO and he gladly gave us a drill to open and examine whatever we wanted. I asked him about cab prices and he even offered me a 'for you it will be this price' discount that seemed like a really good deal. Anyway, just speaking from my recent experience with KC, he was pretty different from my first interaction with him.

This is key to dealing with KC if you go that route.
Including final price! He's tried to pull a fast one on me a couple times when we've met up in person, claiming "added taxes and import fees". Get him to give you the final price up-front so he doesn't try to snake extra money from you when you show up.

Every cab I own has come from KC except my New Net City, which came from YATON. I've been happy with all of them, but you do have to ask a lot of questions.

Likewise, I have bought a lot of cabs from KC. Never really an issue, well except for that one time he got locked out of his warehouse and he was holding like $16K from an order I placed with him. But yeah, you just gotta be an informed buyer, ask all the questions, etc.

Unsure what he did, but for such a small niche community I’m surprised to see people being banned since we don’t have many avenues of obtaining these.

He's the only one that I ever got fast response, no weeks or days to get back at you. Simple, ask price get price right away ships and done. No complains here. Except now shipping to NJ is ridiculous compare to before a few years back.

There's multiple other people you can get these from that don't have a history of bait & switch and other sketchy behaviors:
Game Saru: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...y-requests-until-2025-updated-1-5-2024.16053/
Ground Zero Games: https://www.facebook.com/gndzerogames/
310 Imports: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ng-container-pre-order-requests-thread.28300/

That's just what I remember off the top of my head. Not vouching for anyone personally other than the first two, but there you go.

Look, KC wasn't banned for some minor infraction, or one very bad deal. There's a long, long history of shady crap that went on and on, and it just got worse as time went on. If you want to roll the dice with him, that's on you, but I'd wager that most people here aren't particularly receptive to rationalizing why he should be allowed to continue to pull his nonsense of this forum. Sorry. We've had this conversation over and over many times, you can read it here if you're interested.

All that said, glad things went well for you!

yeah honestly foh with this noise.

this guy was banned from here and many other places for a reason.

Back