What's new

noir

Student
Reaction score
I'm looking to update the firmware on a DigiAV installed on a CPS2 board. The only instructions I can find for updating the firmware use Intel's Quartus Prime software, which is only available for Windows and Linux. I only have a Mac. openFGPALoader looks like it could be an option, but requires file formats that aren't available from github. There are instructions on how to convert into the needed formats, but as luck would have, converting the files also relies on Quartus.

I'm curious if anybody has gone through updating digiav firmware on a Mac without resorting to a VM. Alternatively, if anyone would be willing to convert the firmware files using the instructions above, that would be much appreciated.

I think the best person to contact about this is to reach out to Matt who sells the kit. You can email him or use twitter. I doubt it will be faster to reach out to the creator, but there's a thread on the shmups forum that he might reply to (doesn't seem like he gets on weekly but I see Marqs does answer questions). Finally, if you are a patreon of RetroRGB then I'd ask him this question.

Back