What's new
So....did @hursit just make a better Capcom Cute?! I think so, cant wait to get mine.
I am not sure about how these originally came so I didnt want to comment about if this was something hursit added or if this is how they originally were made. But if this is better more props to him and to us cuz this looks so simple to put together. All the wire routing and the screw placement is on point. The video showing us everything we need to know on assembling it is huge for me and the many of the first time candy noobs. I cant wait for August/September.

I got x4 19" I would be willing to part with locally. Ideally I would like to trade it for a 19" PC monitor so I could extract RGBs and use the OSSC to shade my scanlines and have HD support for Naomi.
Hook a bro up? Lol.
Unfortunately I only got an HP P1130 and Lacie Electron Blue, both which are 22' inch monitors so I think will be a bit too big for this. Or else I would be using one of these bad boys for this.

I know one or two people asked for cutes right at the tail end of this, I've decided to let 2 more of my personal go. They are both yellow, price at $1,600, incl. buttons, joysticks, PSU. If interested, I'm ready to fill out those last two orders. There will not be any more after that.

EDIT: I do have an arrival notice for this, so it should dock on the 21st. Expect 1-2 weeks after that for it to actually arrive to me as long as it clears customs. Also expect nothing to ship until 1st/2nd week of August.

Anyone know if a Dell P991 is any good? I can get one for $120 shipped was thinking maybe use it in the cute with upscaler. It 19" with a 1600x1200res.
Don’t know about figment but those are very sharp Trinitron tubes. $120 shipped is a good price too.

Anyone know if a Dell P991 is any good? I can get one for $120 shipped was thinking maybe use it in the cute with upscaler. It 19" with a 1600x1200res.
That sounds perfect in tandem with the Retrotink 5x pro outputting 240 exactly at 1600 x 1200 at 5x integer.

Another interesting prospect is the new 4:3 LG 20” LCD that was announced. It’s also 1600x1200 if someone wanted to use a new screen in their cute.

67-CC1-AF9-998-D-4-DE2-ABD8-98-E96-B933427.jpg

https://www.arcooda.com/accessories/arcade-monitors/20-1-inch-lcd-arcade-monitor/

I already have x2 19” VGA only CRT arcade monitors that I’m using with OSSC so I’m good but I’m looking for an option for my 4th pink shell from @Solmin

055-DA2-EE-7-D1-A-46-D9-A9-CC-DAC7-EF376-E85.jpg

On the LG 4:3 LCD arcade monitor, I don't think the RGB Jamma Adapter PCB is included and I don't think they have it for sale yet
I would like to get one to test it out tho but I want to run 15Khz RGB
https://www.arcadespareparts.com/ar...20_inch_lcd_monitor_arcade_machine/13993.html
You would want to use the HDMI input. You would be extracting RGBs from JAMMA and running through a 5x integer scale through Retrotink 5x pro and plug the HDMI cable into the monitor.

Container has been held for customs intensive exam. It will be unpacked and inspected. It's an added cost up to around $4,000. Don't know what it'll do for arrival time or anything.

DAM YOU TSA, I didn't even get one but this is ridiculous #defundcustoms,

Container has been held for customs intensive exam. It will be unpacked and inspected. It's an added cost up to around $4,000. Don't know what it'll do for arrival time or anything.

General curiosity; is that something that you have to just eat as the cost of business? Or is it something like "if we find something" you have to pay it? That sucks if they just randomly decide to slap you with random inspection fees.

Assholes, they couldn't just Xray it, had to be the full monty huh?! Well, I know it's part of doing business and whatnot, but still sucks. Let us know the total of the "prostate exam" CBP is doing and I'll chip in my share for my order...even though I know you probably won't take it.

Assholes, they couldn't just Xray it, had to be the full monty huh?! Well, I know it's part of doing business and whatnot, but still sucks. Let us know the total of the "prostate exam" CBP is doing and I'll chip in my share for my order...even though I know you probably won't take it.
I think it would be fair to divide the unforseen cost by the number of cabs in the container. I would pay but I would never speak on behalf of others money.

I don't pass on those costs to buyers. It's part of my operational costs, and it sucks when it happens, but it's my problem to deal with. It just sucks falling on this particular container, as any profit margin I calculated for myself was mainly to make sure any unforeseen expenses didn't put me in the red, and stuff like the buttons/joysticks/PSU were within a dollar, exact cost. I'm fine, it just still sucks. If something happens during the exam, then we have a problem. We'll see

Back