What's new

K405

Professional
Reaction score
Hi,

My CPS2 Multigame is in the mail and on its way.. :D

I read the Instructions_CPS2_Multi_Boot_v2.pdf and it states:

In order to make this work, you'll need to have a suicided CPS2 set, that means both A+B
Boards. The B Board, which is where the roms are, needs to be opened and the kit is
installed inside.

I have a suicided board but that's unreliable, a friend tested it (phoenixed), graphics are all messed up and it crashes after a while.
So I managed to order a working A+B board (no casing) for relatively cheap. I am now wondering if this working B board needs to be killed first.
Or can I just remove the battery and ROMS and proceed installing the CPS2 mulitgame? Or do I need to wait after removing the battery for the board to have killed itself? Forgive me if this may sound silly ;) I just want to be sure I'm not making any stupid mistakes.

Last edited:
Might need to find someone who's willing to trade a (working) suicided B board for my working B board than.

Might need to find someone who's willing to trade a working B board for a (working) suicided B board then.
It's your B-board so you can do what you want with it. Just don't tell anyone that you killed a b-board on purpose. Collector's may revolt.

When you remove the battery it takes some time to suicide, best is to remove the battery and short the pins on EXC5 after that.

It is not an issue anymore to ‘kill’ a B board, as the keys can be restored now.

Back