What's new
Goddamn, I didn't think this was going to be a fucking cage match. Members did some amazing things this year.

Reactions: RGB
Goddamn, I didn't think this was going to be a fucking cage match. Members did some amazing things this year.
Why do you think I suggested this? :)

So many people here, do so much amazing work....it is good to be reminded of it, and have it brought to focus exactly how much our community really accomplishes here.

Ok..... so as I'm the person who did the initial suggestion, and it looks like I'm the last to get my list in....here we finally go.

I want to say a few things before I get to the actual list.

I put the idea forth to @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w , with the intent for all of our wonderful creators to get a moment to bask in the glow of the whole forum...where everyone that calls this place home, could check out projects they may have missed, and vote for projects they loved!

We've had creators come and go, projects that soared, and projects that didn't quite get off the ground, and through all that, it's important for us to honor that work and the dedication to promoting new ideas, sharing love with our community, and pushing this hobby forward.

I hope that next year, we can run this again, and that our list of nominees and their amazing projects will extend further....and further still, in the years beyond that.

To all our dream creators, code wizards, hardware gurus, hidden geniuses, and the passionately practical who make our gaming experiences better.....THANK YOU!

Anyhow...enough with the sappy stuff.....here's my list.

@caius - Reproduction Customs for Tecmo, Irem and Taito/Seta PCBs, along with the MSX2 FDD emulator, and FM Towns Marty add-on cards
Caius, you continue to be a legend, and we are all better for your continued work. Thank you!

@aje_fr - Atomiswave Multi-Cart & Psykio Multi
AJE, I know that Neo-Arcadia is your home forum....but this work was absolutely extraordinary, and I feel it deserves recognition here as well! Thank you!

@Vortex and the entire gaggle of folks working on the 161 cart upgrades
Man....one idea....one spark, and see what kind of bonfire starts, and what kind of insanity can be accomplished? Brilliant work...all of you. Thank you!

@FrancoB - Coin Recject Mod AND Vewlix Universal Monitor Mount
Franco....you're a beast, plain and simple! Thank you!

@themisterfalcon - Atomiswave PFX tray run
Credit goes to @neokoen for the original design from a few years back....so I'm not nominating this for the design work...but the commitment to integrity and accountability that @themisterfalcon showed in their production process!! Thank you!

@ekorz - DDP Campaign Version
Ekorz - This one is going to go down in the books as a monster, sir! Thank you! Also.....you can't double dip on this next year....so whatever your Summer 2024 project is...I can't wait. :D

@neku - KI Multi and related projects
Neku, man....this is a much needed setup for some of the most delicate, picky, pain in the ass and expensive pcbs out there. I cant wait to see eveverything finished up! Thank you!

@Asure - NBA Jam TE T-Unit Hack & Midway work
Asure, you want to talk about helping out the wider community at large...this is gonna do it. Looking forward to everything coming down the pipe in 2024! Thank you!

@atrac17 - M.A.R.S (Credit to the ENTIRE M.A.R.S. team)
I think most of us are sitting on our hands for this one....and excited for all the promise it contains! Here's looking forward to the final product! Thank you!

Well...that's my list.

I'd like to also take a moment to thank some other creators of projects both large and small that have had an impact over the past couple years, that deserve to be recognized:

@Fluffy , @dewmansnk , @Arthrimus , @Hadouken Arcade , @chunksin , @DragonMinded , @Mrhide , @hursit , @alberto1225 , @Rbtamanini , @JasenHicks , @RGB, @Hammy , Lions3, Apocalypse, and of course @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w, along with anyone else I may have missed...

Thank you all, for making this place truly special, and heres to much success, and more great projects in the coming year!!!!

Last edited:
Back