What's new

kirb

Student
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm still working on converting a Virtua Cop 2 into a House of the Dead. Unfortunately, I've run into another issue after hooking up my new HotD board. The power supply has started hissing. The monitor does not turn on and I can't hear any sound out of the speakers. It honestly scared me when I first heard it so I haven't done much testing out of fear of damaging something. I unhooked all wires to the monitor and still heard the hissing, so I presume the issue is not monitor related. I also hooked my Virtua Cop 2 board back up and still heard the hissing. The power supply is a Suzo-Happ Power Pro 110W 80-0064-00. The only work I had done recently on the power supply was I hooked a wire between earth ground and regular ground to remove interference on the monitor. I don't know the age of the power supply, as I bought this cabinet fairly recently and it was never mentioned by the previous owner. Any ideas on what to test next or should I just purchase another power supply, they seem cheap enough.

Thanks!

Update. Replaced a bulging cap but still no luck. Ended up having to order a new PSU from Suzo Happ. It sucks but at least I can play House of the Dead now :thumbsup:

Back