What's new

Swirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently stumbled across this video from 2014:
View: https://youtu.be/MeimELwWrMM

Apparently it's possible to run Puyo Puyo Tsu in four player mode, and I didn't even know this feature existed in the original arcade release. I went around searching and found someone asking how to enable this mode back in 2013, (it looks like they weren't able to figure out a solution on how the setup works): https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q10100231850

Has anyone else been able to fully replicate and document this whole setup on real hardware and/or MAME? I was under the impression you have to toggle one of the dipswitches on the C2 board to allow this communication to occur but there's probably a bunch of additional steps to this.

Oh wow! What an awesome find. I think it would be hard to find three other people down to play in 2024, but very cool nevertheless. Tsu is one of my favorite puzzle games ever, next to Puzzle Fighter and Puzzle Bobble 2X. My wife and I have definitely put triple digit hours into the Mega Drive version.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Oh wow! What an awesome find. I think it would be hard to find three other people down to play in 2024, but very cool nevertheless. Tsu is one of my favorite puzzle games ever, next to Puzzle Fighter and Puzzle Bobble 2X. My wife and I have definitely put triple digit hours into the Mega Drive version.

Edit: spelling
Tsu is a very entertaining game to play and watch. I remember inviting a few folks over to run a session, and all I saw were quick matches going back and forth with giant chains. I'd imagine it'd be even more chaotic if you add an additional two players in the mix where everyone is frantically trying to control the offset like hot potato. :D

I'm aware in the SNES port you could run four players, but it's cool to see that this mode existed from the initial release. I was very surprised it hasn't been talked about or fully documented on how to set it all up.

Back