What's new

Jorel81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently picked up a SCART switcher from a user here on the forums for my PVM set up. Turns out I need a male to male SCART cable to go from the switcher to the monitor, so I need a super high quality SCART cable or it defeats the purpose. Wondering if anyone can recommend a good high quality male to male cable. I was looking at some "Amazon choice" cables but I really don't know.

Also I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but I don't know anything. If not, I apologize.

Thanks dudes!

while it may be a dead end answer, it may be worth mentioning: some time ago, like well over a year ago now for transparency, I reached out to retroaccess asking about what kind of scart heads they typically keep in stock for themselves since I was looking to pick some up when RGB modding consumer tvs was the new hot thing, and not many places would ship a panel mounted scart port. Easiest thing to do at the time was buy said amazon basics garbage scart switchers that were stupid cheap just to harvest the scart ports from.

Anyways, I remember them reaching back out and being pretty receptive about selling said scart heads at the time, though by the time I got a response from them, as nice as I remember it being worded, I had already found all the parts I needed. Maybe you can do the same- reach out with an email and see if they would be willing to make something custom :)

huh…okay. I’ll give that a try but…you have to get a custom SCART cable made if you just need a quality male to male SCART cable? I figured somebody would just be selling them somewhere.

i bought this one a few weeks ago, since i'm from scart country they are pretty easy get here. this one is shielded and fully populated

look for something similar

I figured somebody would just be selling them somewhere.

Like you found on Amazon and like moppel just posted, people *are* just selling them. Thing is, whenever I need scart for something, I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm not a nut when it comes to "it needs to be shielded like xyz" or "it needs to be xyz material"- on more then one occasion I've just made my own cables bc I just need a cable, I don't care much about the quality. I probably just have brainrot from dealing with so many rgb "enthusiasts" here in the states, but mamy of them are hyper-particular in wanting the best-of-the-best cables, so if you're looking for a reccomendation that's "super high quality" then anything off-the-shelf, that's where I would point you.

BNC > SCART anyways :P

i bought this one a few weeks ago, since i'm from scart country they are pretty easy get here. this one is shielded and fully populated

look for something similar
Yeah this is the one i was looking at I think. I’ll give it a try. It just needs to pass along the signal without quality loss for me really.

Thanks guys!

Back