What's new

LemonC

Student
Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking for a Toshiba monitor because I want to buy it this time.
But this is the board from the Thrill Drive 3 monitor. I wonder if this is a 3-mode monitor board. I have a new net city dedicated to 3 mode, so I'm going to replace it there, and I wonder if this monitor board also has 3 mode.

20230301_230510.png

20230301_230445.png

20230301_230424.png

I wonder if the above pictures are for 31khz only or 15khz and 24khz are also available. I'd appreciate it if you could answer.

PD1843 is a tri-sync chassis.
Hello, Nem, thank you very much for your answer.
I think some of the pd1843 are selling it as a 31khz exclusive board.
Can I just say that pd1843 is a tri-sync, so can I say it's 3 mode?
The Newnet City board I have is also pd1843, but the numbering below is 23590055B.
By the way, the picture above is 23590055A, but I wonder if there is a difference between B and A.

I think some of the pd1843 are selling it as a 31khz exclusive board.

Most likely they just don't understand the full functionality of the chassis.

It supports 15, 24 and 31khz.

I think @Hatsune Mike has tried the PF with a curved tube (MS9, I think).

As long as the yoke has similar specs (0.300mH horizontal, ~10.0mH vertical), you can try it.

isn't this chassis supposed to have geometry issues with curved tubes ?

in my experience curved tubes have been no different than flat tubes. I used to expect them to require different deflection characteristics or focus but that's not been the case at all (e.g. no need for dynamic focus or anything like that).

However, the range of the focus voltage is low on this chassis, so cranking the focus to the max will produce a just adequate picture in my experience. Lower HV for a slightly better result.

in my experience curved tubes have been no different than flat tubes. I used to expect them to require different deflection characteristics or focus but that's not been the case at all (e.g. no need for dynamic focus or anything like that).

However, the range of the focus voltage is low on this chassis, so cranking the focus to the max will produce a just adequate picture in my experience. Lower HV for a slightly better result.
Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, what do you mean by lower HV ? is there a pot for that in chassis ?

yeah found it, thanks ! is there any measure to respect or things to care about when turning it ?

I'd just take note of where you had it first, and not raise it above that level if you go back in the original direction. If the image grows larger, the HV is being reduced. If the image shrinks, you're raising the HV and won't want to go in that direction.

If you have an HV probe that would be best, but people generally do not have that lying around.

I'd just take note of where you had it first, and not raise it above that level if you go back in the original direction. If the image grows larger, the HV is being reduced. If the image shrinks, you're raising the HV and won't want to go in that direction.

If you have an HV probe that would be best, but people generally do not have that lying around.
Is the idea to measure an ideal value with the probe? I think I have one of those devices if we’re thinking of the same thing.

what does it mean by setting focus to max? Turning focus knob on flyback clockwise all the way?

Back