What's new

subwave07

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to grab a refurbished Lindbergh yellow multi game kit (currently I'm monitoring one version 9.6, I suppose from Jackalus/Reaver).
Unfortunately, I'm finding quite different opinions on the net regarding the I/O devices you have to purchase in order to play all the games. Someone says you need a JVS I/O type 1, others say 3.
I also know there is a driver for X360 controllers, so it should not be a problem for a subset of games, but quite of them are out (expecially gun games).

So, I'd like to ask to Lindy owners the following questions:
  • Is it possible to use Mouse and Keyboard to play the games, other than the bash menu at the beginning?
  • What Sega JVS board do I need to have to play all the games?
  • I don't currently have a CRT monitor. Is there a gun compatible with modern screens for Lindbergh, like the Namco's G-Con 3 for PS3?
Thank you in advance for the answers!

1. It is not possible to use the mouse and keyboard to play the games
2. I beleive there are some games that don't like specific IO boards. A Lindbergh would have been around the same time as a Type 3, so I would reccomend a type 3 and then if any games don't work with it, you should be able to pick up the type 1 cheeply.
3. There are no guns that you can easily use with a Lindbergh (unless you buy the real type 2 gun system which is very expensive). You could use https://github.com/openjvs/openjvs to emulate an IO board, and then you would be able to use something like an Aimtrak.

Thank you for the feedback!

Good to know about OpenJVS. I have also found a person who has created a G-Con 3 driver for Linux (https://github.com/beardypig/guncon3), so it might be usable with it or make a custom driver for the Lindbergh and inject it in the OS image

I suspect that guncon driver would work fine with OpenJVS!
If you wanted to make a custom driver for the Lindbergh you’d have to compile that for Linux 2.4/2.6 and emulate the JVS or hook into the functions of the game that read the inputs - doable, but probably quite a lot of work!

Back