What's new

gamezer0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got an Atomiswave SD with a Samsung flat tri-sync tube that uses this Wei-ya chassis and I have some questions:

- How do I adjust the colors? The remote board doesn’t have any knobs for color. The chassis itself seems to have several knobs but they’re in positions not easily reachable and I’m scared of touching something dangerous.
- Focus can be adjusted via 2 knobs. What’s the difference? (I’m scared of touching them) there’s also a “screen” knob. Can I turn them safely?
- There are some noises when changing resolution/sync (e.g. while booting up a Jamma Pc), like a relay sound. Is it ok to change sync on the fly? Last time I played, it got out of sync at some point and I thought it broke, but turning one of the “hold” knobs fixed it.
- I can’t find the manual for this chassis. Any idea where to find it? It might answer some of my questions.

Thanks!

The focus will adjust the sharpness of the image/scan lines. Screen will adjust the brightness or darkness of the monitor. In my personal opinion I would make sure I had the proper tools for adjusting electronics such as an electronic adjustment plastic tool kit.

Attachments

• 8A977EE0-02D8-4D3E-8BD7-483ECDD30E40.jpeg
    8A977EE0-02D8-4D3E-8BD7-483ECDD30E40.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
The focus will adjust the sharpness of the image/scan lines. Screen will adjust the brightness or darkness of the monitor. In my personal opinion I would make sure I had the proper tools for adjusting electronics such as an electronic adjustment plastic tool kit.
Thanks!

What’s the difference between the 2 focus knobs? Can I tweak these safely with my hand or a screwdriver? (These are easy to access)

On the flyback? It's a single focus tube, so only one knob should do anything.

But yes, you can safely tweak both. Screen pot you don't want to adjust too high.

Back