What's new
Oops. Even better then. Update 2.xx to 4.01. No need to update to 4.02 if you updating a NetDimm. 4.02 is only needed for Dimm's. Do Derick. Let us know how it goes.
4.02 is needed if you want to use the CF solution without being locked to HAGIWARA cards.
GD-Rom disc are larger than a CD-R. Not sure what/if any standard can be read on the GD_ROM. but probably not having a blank r/w gd-rom would be an issue.

Is that what you mean?

-at least it's an issue with the DC being GD_ROM
GD-Rom stands for Gigadisc-Rom, basically because they can allocate 1 Gb of data. They use more "dense" discs which can still be read using regular drives but just slowing down the turning speed. IIRC that means that you need a special customized firmware in your CDROM drive. I've heard some rumours about a soon to release firmware that allows booting from CDR.

@acblunden2

You were indeed right! I went ahead updated my 2.13 netdimm to 4.01 with transfergame, just as you said:

O5RCwaQ.jpg

only problem is, now I am back to square one with my netbooting problems. I pinged the netdimm to make sure, just as I did when updating the firmware, but I could not get any games to boot from the dos prompt and only got gibberish errors (which I am very familiar with :cursing: ) I Tried 4 different games and nothing booted, the naomi screen stayed at checking network the entire time.

lQ8oTFN.jpg

yOfOfMq.jpg

Edit: This issue seems to be solved for the moment after updating to 4.02

@Mugicha, let's not derails this thread. Please post on a new one.
Btw did you configure the IP adresses on both the Naomi and the PC? Gateway mask as well?

Btw did you configure the IP adresses on both the Naomi and the PC? Gateway mask as well?
No Problem!

I did not check to config the pc ip adress, but I did check the naomi.

Bottom line and on topic:

I was able to update firmware from 2.13 to 4.01 with standard netbooting from transfergame.

No Problem!
I did not check to config the pc ip adress, but I did check the naomi.

Bottom line and on topic:

I was able to update firmware from 2.13 to 4.01 with standard netbooting from transfergame.
I think you were lucky. AFAIK In most cases you'll just break your DIMM.

wow really?!!?!?

damn I'm glad everything worked out.

Back