What's new
Want To Buy
Its a bitch to dump too and theres loads of them. Which ic u need? I know someone else that has a faulty PLD on his too.

There is 2x boardsets out there both with the same problem (sub CPU not running)
Processors are replaced, custom is replaced (with known good)
They were both returned as no - fix due to pld's as the only possible problem.
Both boards had the same faulty PLD and problem.

Porchy did have the set from one of these boards and failed to dump any (maybe are they ALL dead?!)
A known working set needs to be dumped basically.

I spoke to Porchy and he never got it to attempt the dump althoigh someone said they would. I can offer to send my PLD to him but only if someone else is willing to do the same if it goes tits up with my one. I have 100% faith in Porchy but shit happens. Really like Hyperduel.

Maybe if i post a for sale thread on these ic someone might post a link to the dump thats been stored on thier pc for years...

Danmaku is willing to sell his working Hyper Duel but it is expensive. However, I am willing to buy it to dump the PLD. Well, Silvio can do it. I am not really good at it. So we can fix the Hyper Duels.

I've spoken to Porchy and he said he's too busy to tackle this PLD at the moment as it will take a considerable amount of time. But if you buy it and it goes tit's up, im prepared to step in and donate mine for a good cause.

This is what he said

"I just checked that hyper duel board. Looks like they are all 18CV8 devices.
Pissing nightmare they are. They don't fit into gal devices. Their architecture is different. They also have buried registers. If they are 18cv8 then I won't be tackling then right now. They will take too long and I've got a lot of stuff to get done at the moment"

There is 2x boardsets out there both with the same problem (sub CPU not running)
Processors are replaced, custom is replaced (with known good)
They were both returned as no - fix due to pld's as the only possible problem.
Both boards had the same faulty PLD and problem.

Porchy did have the set from one of these boards and failed to dump any (maybe are they ALL dead?!)
A known working set needs to be dumped basically.

But out of interest what's the IC location of this PLD? I still haven't had time to send the stuff I said i was going to send you too. Adult fun isn't as glamourous as I thought when I was a kid. Still can't do what you want to do as you never have any free time to do it.

Back