What's new

klee123

Professional
Reaction score
So recently I've started using the minigun supergun more since I managed to get sound working for it and been testing CPS2 boards.

I noticed that when I play CPS2 stuff I get random video disconnects for 1-2 seconds then it appears again.

I am powering my Supergun with an ATX power supply and the voltmeter shows it around 4.8-4.9 volts.

When I play a Banpresto board (Denjin Makai II) this issue doesn't occur (Voltage is at 5V constantly)

In this case, I'm presuming the issue is the lack of sufficient volts in the CPS2 A board?

Any help/info would be appreciated. Thanks!

PCB doesn't reboot, it's more like the video just cut out and resumes again.

Are you using a CRT Or a Scaler? I had this problem when using a CPS2 + Scaler + splitter on an Aero City cab specifically. I had to run the csync signal through a sync stripper to get it stable.

I'm using an upscaler via XRGB.

I did fiddle around with the Sync settings and managed to fix this actually. I no longer get disconnects, which is good :)

However, I am getting issues with another type of board which is the Taito F3, but that for another topic. :D

F3 is a mess. CRT is the way.
Yeah, I'm looking at certain solutions to this.

It seems the HAS supergun has a solution to this specifically for my specific problem with XRGB upscalers.

Might have to look into that a bit more.

Back