What's new

KaPH33n

Champion
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a super bikes game that used to boot but I changed some settings in the BIOS and when I got into windows there was a screen that said hit Shift + F5 to go into service maintenance mode. I did that and then it rebooted the computer and now when I go into windows it no longer launches the game.

I am wondering if it's because the computer is a replaced Dell, not the original. Or maybe it was something I messed up in the bios? I doubt it, but could be. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas let me know. Or if anyone has a recovery disc for this game, I need a copy. It looks like raw thrills wants to sell it, not let you download it.

edit: after researching more, it's definitely when I put it into maintenance mode. apparently that deletes the game from the hdd and gets it ready for a new install disc? I will need to get the recovery discs or a new hdd for 3.04

Last edited:
I fixed it by using the 3.04 restore discs. Maintenance mode is what they call preparing the computer for installing a different game or different version. It basically removes the game from the hdd and makes it a skeleton windows build. Make sure to have your cd/dvd drive ahead of your disk drive for booting!

Did you bought the restore disc or have a download link for it?

I need for Super Bikes 2.

@nazmul i see you are a new user and you also ask me via PM for image files of ghostsquad. So what’s the deal here ? You using this site for software images ?

@Darksoft

@nazmul i see you are a new user and you also ask me via PM for image files of ghostsquad. So what’s the deal here ? You using this site for software images ?

@Darksoft
Hello, I registered here to get support for arcade machines and I am also new in arcade machines maintenance, I bought some used machines and it has some defects, trying to fix. I am searching for some restore media of the games:

1. House of the dead 4
2. Ghost squad evolution
3. Rambo
4. Super bikes 2
5. MotoGP

I found it from manufacturer, now I need only Super bikes 2 and MotoGP as download file cause it will be easy to get faster.

PM to you for the file but you replied that you only sell HDD, then it came to time issue and also import process.

Am I doing something wrong here? Please correct me if.

Thanks

Thank you for the explanation . I just find it strange that you are looking for software . And when I tell you I have it but only sell if you have original dongle etc you don’t answer. Makes me wonder.

not saying you are doing anything wrong. But this site is not for downloading software. Best to contact the manufacturer for your software needs . :)

I found it from manufacturer, now I need only Super bikes 2 and MotoGP as download file cause it will be easy to get faster.
Dont ask for that in this forum. If someone has an original HDD and wants to sell, then that's OK.
PM to you for the file but you replied that you only sell HDD, then it came to time issue and also import process.
If the HDD is original, then we are good.
But this site is not for downloading software. Best to contact the manufacturer for your software needs . :)
Exactly that.

I don't think you can get install discs for Lindbergh anymore from Sega.

For the Raw Thrills games, though, they're 20 bucks each plus another 20 for shipping. Hardly scalper pricing. I suggest you just get those, you'll get the latest versions.

https://rawthrills.com/media/software/sb2/
https://rawthrills.com/media/software/moto-gp/

Also, install discs are encrypted and useless without decryption keys. I've never understood the weird double standards in regards to them on this forum. Meanwhile it's perfectly kosher to link to decrypted TTX2 and TTX3 games.

Sure makes sense.

@nem i get your point . Sometimes it’s 2 standards

It’s just odd that a newbie with 1 message in its life send me a PM regarding ISO files of a game . I never even talk to the person before .... that makes it shady and asking now in other people there topics about software images is just strange that was my whole point

It's not like he's asking for dumps of games, he's asking for install discs for a few specific games. Seemed legit enough to me. I sent him links to Rambo and HoTD4 install discs and I think he got both of those machines going.

Reactions: AMS
It's not like he's asking for dumps of games, he's asking for install discs for a few specific games. Seemed legit enough to me. I sent him links to Rambo and HoTD4 install discs and I think he got both of those machines going.
Absolutely, I got support for those games from you and it is working. I also collected the file from Sega for the HoTD4 which is compatible with 7600GS and 6800GT graphic and collected the Ghost Squad Evolutions also.

Again thanks for your guideline and support.

I don't think there's anything wrong with reaching out to someone to see if they have some software they can share. I do agree though that it can seem shady, depending on how you go about it. Imo if you have the dongle and the game, there's nothing wrong with getting a copy of the install disc. Especially if the game is old and no longer being supported by its manufacturer.

That said, I have had people on this forum reach out to me to try to get me to dump a hdd... specifically with the idea that they are going to try to defeat the protection on the game. While I don't necessarily hate the idea of pirating games, I do realize that there are a lot of gray areas. It's not all so black and white. Since the game was from the 2000s, I know that they are still being operated commercially. As a current operator, my livelihood depends on sales for this game and similar games. Needless to say I didn't image the hdd for him.

I also think @nazmul you should make your own thread that is very specific... join the community and be a part of it. Then people will be a lot more likely to help you. If you just post randomly in someone else's thread or PM someone without any introduction it can be jarring.

@KaPH33n
Thanks for your opinion and advice. Basically I am new in this forum even in the arcade maintenance work.

It’s was no attack to you. better is to start a new topic and explain what you need and why. Is nicer for everybody . Anyway good luck with your quest

RAW THRILLS will let you download images for only $10 last time i looked.

SEGA have always been a pain, but a lot of Lindberg stuff is now in mame i think.

most MegaTouch images are downloadable from "megatouch-reborn" since AMI dropped the product line.
even before that, megatouch let you download the images for free anyway - so dont get robbed by ebay sellers - just saying!

Hi All,

I have a super bikes game that used to boot but I changed some settings in the BIOS and when I got into windows there was a screen that said hit Shift + F5 to go into service maintenance mode. I did that and then it rebooted the computer and now when I go into windows it no longer launches the game.

I am wondering if it's because the computer is a replaced Dell, not the original. Or maybe it was something I messed up in the bios? I doubt it, but could be. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas let me know. Or if anyone has a recovery disc for this game, I need a copy. It looks like raw thrills wants to sell it, not let you download it.

edit: after researching more, it's definitely when I put it into maintenance mode. apparently that deletes the game from the hdd and gets it ready for a new install disc? I will need to get the recovery discs or a new hdd for 3.04
Double click the gun.exe in the system 32 folder and you will be back in game mode . Or reinstall software if u want. I use this trick to install new drivers for video cards etc without need to restore software or buy new version. Also helps when removing of dongle envelope to be in maintenance mode which generally disable ewf etc.

Last edited:
Back