What's new

Betogh1

Beginner
Reaction score
Does anyone rewrite dongles. I need a dongle for dark ressurection . For some reason when I purchased it came with an extra tekken 5.1 . Thank you

200$ for a conversion? Jesus Christ! Who would pay such a price? Who would sell a conversion for such a price? I was just trying to be helpful and answer your question.

200$ for a conversion? Jesus Christ! Who would pay such a price? Who would sell a conversion for such a price? I was just trying to be helpful and answer your question.
My mistake I thought you were talking about the multi dongle . It was late in the night and I misread. I’ll message him and ask him if he is willing to help me out . Thank you .
@Mitsurugi-w made my TDR dongle, I sent him a dongle to sacrifice/convert

Oh yea the Multi Dongle (I like to just call it the re-writable dongle) is 200$ yes.
I don't have it, I collected most of the 2x6 games I cared about before it was an option.

My TDR dongle is the only converted dongle I've got, all my others are legit/originals.
I do use the ODE however (my drive was failing and I couldn't get a replacement that worked with everything, most notable Soul Calibur 2).

Yep the rewritable dongle is $200 but it’s pretty neat. Even though just like @jassin000, I have all the games I want, I still have one of those dongles for the extremely rare games or to play the Japanese versions of the games I own.

even if I have that 200$ dongle, I am still too cheap to pay the 200$ for that ode to finally be able to play tekken 4 ...

Still waiting for that 50% Black monday sale ! :D

Ahb
Oh yea the Multi Dongle (I like to just call it the re-writable dongle) is 200$ yes.
I don't have it, I collected most of the 2x6 games I cared about before it was an option.

My TDR dongle is the only converted dongle I've got, all my others are legit/originals.
I do use the ODE however (my drive was failing and I couldn't get a replacement that worked with everything, most notable Soul Calibur 2

Ah yes right now I have problems with getting dbz to boot completely. Tried reburning a disk from a friend and nothing

even if I have that 200$ dongle, I am still too cheap to pay the 200$ for that ode to finally be able to play tekken 4 ...
Honestly for me... The ODE is more valuable than the re-write dongle.
I might feel differently IF I didn't own the majority of games/dongles I care about for the system tho.

These disc drives are failing (faster with always streaming stuff like Tekken-DRs FMV/attract mode) and since you can't get anymore (that work with special ASPI calls) I say getting that ODE ASAP should be top priority.
Tried reburning a disk from a friend and nothing
Did you try to extract a known/working image from MAME CHD and burn that?

chdman extract -i gamename.chd -o gamename.iso

Yep the rewritable dongle is $200 but it’s pretty neat. Even though just like @jassin000, I have all the games I want, I still have one of those dongles for the extremely rare games or to play the Japanese versions of the games I own.
Honestly for me... The ODE is more valuable than the re-write dongle.
I might feel differently IF I didn't own the majority of games/dongles I care about for the system tho.

These disc drives are failing (faster with always streaming stuff like Tekken-DRs FMV/attract mode) and since you can't get anymore (that work with special ASPI calls) I say getting that ODE ASAP should be top priority.

Did you try to extract a known/working image from MAME CHD and burn that?
I didn’t think of that . Since my buddies was working I just made a direct copy.

Since my buddies was working I just made a direct copy.
Yea, I mean it might not be the issue... Just thought I'd suggest it (some of these original discs are pretty scratched up, making bad reads more likely).

Burn the image as a CD instead of a dvd. Even though the actual disc is labeled as a DVD, it’s actually a CD. In other words, .cue .bin instead of .iso.

I'd extract it and test for you, but I don't have a DBZ dongle (or that re-writable dongle). ;)
no need to worry, I have already tested that out and still have the CD file. The CHD does in fact work, just needs to be extracted as a .CUE .BIN file instead of .ISO.

It really seems like more advancements are just waiting to be put together.
The PS2-Memory card project (MC2SIO) has shown with the right redirection binarys can be loaded and executed directly from the Magic Gate itself.
YTAhF35nm6gGfqolfME4zNQIG7zwE7_8iY6WVfmP4&usqp=CAU.jpg

What IF we didn't need a ODE at all? Just a dongle image patched to look for the binarys in port 2 of the Magic Gate.

Back