What's new

Reaperman

Beginner
Reaction score
Reaperman here, from New Orleans area.
I've recently picked up a MiSTercade and have found this forum to be the source for most of the knowledge on those things, so I've joined.

Places you may have bumped into me over on (Atariage), or (my tiny youtube channel).

I only have room for a couple cabs, but have quite a number of carts and arcade boards.
My favorite arcade genres are Shmups, 'here comes the turn' overhead rally racers, and big driving games.

I've recently done a video of my downstairs gaming area where all my bigger setups are.

Last edited:
Welcome ;)

and when you said "big driving games.", I though you meant it!! one racer is nothing ;) ( I have 9 ..including Sega Route 66)

Nice CRT corner! tell us more about your fav Shmups!

and when you said "big driving games.", I though you meant it!! one racer is nothing ;) ( I have 9 ..including Sega Route 66)
You know how it goes--just because I like them doesn't mean I have the room. So I tend to rent those one credit at a time 😂
I had to kind of rearrange my life around squeezing in that 2049SE.

Speaking of, that cab has hub-based ethernet on it, and I've always kind of wondered if there was a way to VPN them together to trick it into doing online play. I suppose this is the kind of forum I'd check into for that. Latency might get too high to be playable.

Outside of 2049, I'd say my favorite driver is OutRun 2 SP DX cabs--the double seat ones that can switch drivers. I found a full bank of them down in Orlando last year. Tons of arcades down there. I even found one with mostly IGS games in it which was a real surprise.

For arcade shmups, I have very simple tastes, and a horizontal monitor, so I'd say Aero Fighters 2 and Blazing Star are my favorites--though with the MiSTercade, I've been doing 1944 Loop Master lately, and also doing some of the playstation shmups on it.

Dude I loved that video! You seem like the kinda guy I’d love to have a beer with and just talk shop. Glad you’re here 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Back