What's new

XeD

Grand Master
Reaction score
I'm working on a HOTD4 that randomly freeze. At first I tracked it down to a bad psu. I replaced it with a new corsair 650W and it ran fine for awhile. So far the psu and ram has been replace.

As a test I have removed the hdd and boot up the system sometime it would freeze at the now loading screen (around 95%) other time it boot all the way through and give me a missing media error because I have no hdd connected.

My guess is the CF is bad? Are those easy to reprogram? Caps on motherboard look good.

Reseat your cpu, only do it when the system have run for a while as the cooler stick to the cpu and will rip it out if to cold. Replace the paste and check the videocard

I re seated the cpu and video card, no change. I will have to locate and borrow another Lindbergh to start swapping components

Ok I have replace psu, ram, cpu, and gpu. I still get the random freeze. Is there a cap list for the Lindbergh?

Jvs card on its way out. These are prone to failure also

Swap that card and I think will keep working

Jvs card on its way out. These are prone to failure also

Swap that card and I think will keep working
Ok I will try to find one before doing a capkit

Jvs card seem to be ok unless the one i have no good. I think the sound card is the culprit. While it was on I accidentally bump it and the game lock up. I hooked the Lindbergh to some speaker and the sound is all crackly. I boot up Ubuntu on it and it hasn't froze yet. Is there anyway to bypass the sound card in game? When I take it out and turn the system on it doesn't load the game

You cannot bypass the sound card - the games that use it are specifically written for that model of sound card, they won't just work with the internal sound outputs.

How have you decided that the JVS card seems okay? When they go they cause random freezes, but will likely stlil work some of the time.

I currently don't have the other JVS card but when I had it was doing the same thing.

I'm happy to report I got the Lindbergh going. The main culprit to the random freezing was the sound card. I use my b grad electrolytic capacitor and it's running for 8h now. I will place an order for new caps for the sound and mobo. Lesson that I have learned is always test with sound. I will have to pick up a cheap audio amp for my test rig

Back