What's new
Has anyone replaced the 2 thin cpu fans in the Naomi 2 with these:

SUNON Maglev KDE0504PFV3 40x40x10

I used 2 of these:
https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x10-5v

You just have to rearrange the 3 pin connector on the Noctua to match the original fan cable. They fit directly on the two heatsinks. Have been working with no issues for the last 2 years.
Enjoy the silence!
Would you please explain how to rearrange the 3 pin connector with details if possible?
I want my Naomi 2 to be silence!

1. Look at the colors on the original cable. Should (if I remember correctly…)be Black, Red and Yellow. Note down the how they are placed in the original cable housing.

2. Take you new Noctua fan and look at the housing. If you bend the cable a little it will be easier to see the colors and where the different colors go it the Noctua cable housing.

3. At least one of the cables( yellow if I recall correctly) has the wrong placement if you want to use it in the Naomi.

4. Use a very thin screwdriver/knife etc and firmly press down on the pin as marked in the picture under as you gently pull on the cable.
456B5B0A-75DF-4F1C-8CEB-FE5C57BF577D.jpeg

5. The cable pin should come loose and you can then rearrange it to match the original fans pin placment.

6. Enjoy the silence!

1. Look at the colors on the original cable. Should (if I remember correctly…)be Black, Red and Yellow. Note down the how they are placed in the original cable housing.

2. Take you new Noctua fan and look at the housing. If you bend the cable a little it will be easier to see the colors and where the different colors go it the Noctua cable housing.

3. At least one of the cables( yellow if I recall correctly) has the wrong placement if you want to use it in the Naomi.

4. Use a very thin screwdriver/knife etc and firmly press down on the pin as marked in the picture under as you gently pull on the cable.
456B5B0A-75DF-4F1C-8CEB-FE5C57BF577D.jpeg

5. The cable pin should come loose and you can then rearrange it to match the original fans pin placment.

6. Enjoy the silence!
You are my hero!!!
Thank you!!!

Back