What's new
When selecting replacement fans (doesn't matter if it's the CPU, case or SUN PSU) always compare the datasheets. Noise level is not as important as CFM. If you're pushing a lot less air than the OEM fan, you increase the change of an early failure. This is especially true for the Sega Naomi 2 that runs much hotter than the Naomi 1.

For example, the Sunon HA60151V4 is a popular case fan (especially with CPS2) but when you compare the specs to the original (Panaflo FBA06T12H):

Sunon CFM: 12.7CFM
Panaflo CFM: 16.6CFM

A better solution is the EBM-Papst Inc 612F which is not as quiet as the Sunon (but quieter than the Panaflo) and is rated at 17.1CFM. It's also made in Hungary (and not China) so it's 3X the price, but I suspect 3X the quality. :)

Thanks again for marking this post.

I have a Naomi 1 and bought the Noctua CPU and the Gelid Case Fan.

How do I need to swap the cables for each of the fans and plug them into the Naomi motherboard?

Thanks again for marking this post.

I have a Naomi 1 and bought the Noctua CPU and the Gelid Case Fan.

How do I need to swap the cables for each of the fans and plug them into the Naomi motherboard?
You could cut the wires on both the new and old fans and solder them together or you can repin your new fans, which is what I did:

-Note the color order on the old Naomi fan connector (cpu)
-remove the pinned cables from both connectors: use a safety pin or a very small piece of metal to pry the catch on each pin (watch a couple YouTube vids on this)
-insert your new fans pins into the old connectors on the board
-fans should run full speed on boot

You could cut the wires on both the new and old fans and solder them together or you can repin your new fans, which is what I did: -Note the color order on the old Naomi fan connector (cpu) -remove the pinned cables from both connectors: use a safety pin or a very small piece of metal to pry the catch on each pin (watch a couple YouTube vids on this) -insert your new fans pins into the old connectors on the board -fans should run full speed on boot

Thank you for the help. I was looking for a way just to unplug each of the cables and plug it in to match + and - with the motherboard.

I'm just wondering why these fans are so loud on these systems?

I have a NAOMI coming in soon and if it's anything like a CPS2 or even an Atomiswave I'm going to want to reduce the noise lol

Back