What's new

Shinsengumi

Student
Reaction score
So the existing monitor in my E3 has burn and I am looking to replace it with a NOS Tosh PF that I recently acquired...

Looking at the existing monitor, it's not really on a frame at all, but two separate metal bars with the chassis on a shelf attached to the cab.

Looks like a new monitor will absolutely needed to be de-framed and installed on these bars if installed horizontal, but what about if vertical?

Perhaps this was meant to be my dedicated shmups cab... :)

Thanks!

The bars are also needed when installing in tate.

I have my AWSD in tate (but with an MS9 instead) and it’s my favorite cab for tate 😍😍

BTW: wow, a NOS Tosh PF 😍

Thx gamezer0!

I paid out the nose (shipping was brutal) but I am hoping it was worth it!!!

Anything crt-related is super expensive these days 😓 but surely it’s one of the most beautiful monitors I’ve ever seen! Wish I had one. Enjoy!!

Yeah, @gamezer0 is correct.

Those mounting brackets are a must to mount any monitor in the AWSD/E3 cabinets.

Then comes the matter of modifying your chassis bracket to fit your new monitor chassis, hence alot of the people who installed PFX's in theirs, getting brackets from @themisterfalcon recently.

I was lucky enough to get 3 NOS PFX's, and 2 of them went into my AWSD's.....it makes a world of difference to have them, or Tosh's, in place of those wei-ya monitors.

Back