What's new
Astro works with both versions of the Scsi2sd. 99 euros sounds expensive though.

And why not get one that will fit in the plexi cases?

Me and many other people use it without powering the SCSI2SD. The power obtained by the SCSI cable is enough to power the SCSI2SD.

It should work without problems, but I dont know your setup, so don't quote me if it doesnt :)

Me and many other people use it without powering the SCSI2SD. The power obtained by the SCSI cable is enough to power the SCSI2SD.

It should work without problems, but I dont know your setup, so don't quote me if it doesnt :)
ah ok... then i will have to give it a shot since i have not found Panasonic CR-504/CR-505 CD-ROM.

where in did you use the Setup? at supergun?

thanks

Hi all, finally trying to setup my scsisd (just bought the 5.0 that is selling now at iTead). I'm getting the "invalid CD-rom" message after selecting a game to boot. I suspect the issue is either the image or the SD card itself.

I used HDD Raw Copy Tool and used the Makoto fix iso that Darksoft has on the first post of the BIOS and Releases thread
- http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2q8k...or_custom_SH2_V5_Unmodified_MakotoFix.7z/file

This is the SD card I'm using - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BDS426G

Any thoughts?

First of all, I assume that you connected the SCSI2SD to your PC to configure it as CD-ROM. Is that right?

After that, please make sure that you unpack and write the image to the drive, not copy the file.

Use the "Clone Drive" function of Winhex which works very well.

Yes, surprisingly updating the firmware and configuring the scsi was easy.

I just noticed the iso comes in custom and standard. I was using custom and getting the invalid CD message. I just tried the standard and am getting the "now reading the CD-rom Please wait" message.

I'll try using Winhex

I let it go for a while, how long should it take? I know it takes ~45 minutes to write a game, but wasn't sure if that was the screen I should be getting.

There should be a timer. If you don't see it, then something is wrong.

Wrote a fresh image of the standard iso and was able to boot successfully. Thanks!

I still don't know why you guys are messing around with bloated/confusing software (HDD Raw Copy Tool/Winhex) for a simple image write.
Use Win32DiskImager, its fast, its free and it always works.

Select image file, select device/SD card and press "write" done!
BkiRiJ9.png

My SCSI2SD setup does not work at all. Stuck at "Loading CD ROM" screen and nothing happened
This is the short video of my setup

I am not sure what's going on....

@modology did you connect it to your PC and configure as CDROM as indicated in the firsts posts of this thread?

Did you transfer the ISO properly?

Yes, I've connected to my PC and configured it as CD-ROM (you can see it in my video)
For the ISO, i've used the Custom SH2 version and using multiple software to clone it to microSD Card (HDDRaw, Win32DiskImager, Etcher), but none seems to work

Sure you've got the SCSI cable plugged in correctly? Last guy said it wouldn't boot reversed the ribbon.
Red wire is pin one, make sure its facing the right way.

ie red is closest to power connector on both boards.
7GtwfmX.jpg

(HDDRaw, Win32DiskImager, Etcher)
As I said Win32DiskImage ALWAYS works, so you don't need to try anything else. Aka software isn't the problem here if its not booting.

I suggested a power issue. It's not booting or reading the CD ROM at all, so it's either not configured properly or it's not getting enough power.

I suggested a power issue. It's not booting or reading the CD ROM at all, so it's either not configured properly or it's not getting enough power.
that's also where I would start looking at. It doesnt even read the files. Did you try a different microSD?

Back